Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fractional Differential Equations

1. Oct 25, 2005 #1
    Hello all!
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any good internet leads(besides mathworld, which does not have that much) on the topic of Fractional Differential Equations. I am wanting to investigate Tsallis's Non-Extensive entropy and from what I have come to understand he came to his generalized statistics through fractional DEs. Actually I would prefer something would correlate the two.

If you have any ideas please pass them along! Thanks in advance!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2005 #2

Homework Helper

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3
    Thanks benorin!

falcalmo.org seems like it might provide some good links. I have had some trouble with the arxivs lately, seems either the server is not responding and/or it seems that Tsallis's papers have been reduced. That or I am not doing something right! Plus most of the papers I found under the search criterea for Fractional DEs seems to be more specified to particualr problems and not the generalized approach I have been seeking, specifically how it relates to Tsallis's generalized statistics. Oh well, keep trying!

Once again, thanks!
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?