1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fractional Differential Equations

1. Oct 25, 2005 #1
    Hello all!
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any good internet leads(besides mathworld, which does not have that much) on the topic of Fractional Differential Equations. I am wanting to investigate Tsallis's Non-Extensive entropy and from what I have come to understand he came to his generalized statistics through fractional DEs. Actually I would prefer something would correlate the two.

If you have any ideas please pass them along! Thanks in advance!
    polyb

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2005 #2

benorin

Homework Helper

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3
    Thanks benorin!

falcalmo.org seems like it might provide some good links. I have had some trouble with the arxivs lately, seems either the server is not responding and/or it seems that Tsallis's papers have been reduced. That or I am not doing something right! Plus most of the papers I found under the search criterea for Fractional DEs seems to be more specified to particualr problems and not the generalized approach I have been seeking, specifically how it relates to Tsallis's generalized statistics. Oh well, keep trying!

Once again, thanks!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?