Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

France opens UFO archive

1. Mar 22, 2007 #1
    This is the website where the files are on (its not accessible right now):

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2007 #2
    BBC story:

Another one:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. Mar 29, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They have been swamped from day one. I still haven't been able to access the site.

5. Mar 29, 2007 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

A timely disclosure, whichever point of perspective you have.

At the very least, these are valuable documents that register under-currents of modern perceptions, however we interpret these.

6. Mar 29, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They could be most valuable to those who have no definite bias.

7. Mar 29, 2007 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Since about a quarter is in category D, wholly unexplained, I'm sure many will enjoy to just to read about a lot of weird incidents.

8. Mar 30, 2007 #7
    The site is accesible now but its all french. There are research documents (like cometa)The sightings themselves are all police reports. Some have photos but i havent seen any good ones yet. This is an example of one of the reports in D category, 3 witnesses saw and drew this thing: img

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  9. May 10, 2007 #8
    Look, we don't know a lot about the universe and I think it's pretty safe to say that alliens are up their with the question of does God exist etc. Until they come say hello in a very forward manner we will always be considering the question so there's not much point dwelling on it. We simply don't have the tech to go looking for them properly and until we do I don't think much will come of discussing it. Sorry to sound so uninterested but I have a friend that thinks it's interesting to talk about allien sightings but I just can't get anything out of a conversation with no solid answers other than someone elses opinion.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?