France or Spain: Which is the Better Vacation Destination?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, if you want to see a lot of different places in France, go East or West. North or South would be nice, but Paris is also fine. If you want to see more of Barcelona, go to Spain.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I want to drive out on a vacation to either France or Spain, or both.. any suggestions what to see or do? Paris would be a 5 hour drive, Barcelona 14 hours.. minus 2 hours with my friend's speedy TT ;)

I personally think it is too much to drive to Spain and visit Paris in a single week :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
If I was where you were at Monique, Paris it would be, and then to all of the vineyards in South France!

And check out the Millau bridge that just opened, the tallest in the world.

If only we all had such pressing problems... :wink:

France, Spain. What's the difference. I mean, you see one town in Asia, you've seen them all.

tribdog said:
France, Spain. What's the difference. I mean, you see one town in Asia, you've seen them all.
:rofl:

Uh oh, you must have gotten off your leash again, I see you're up to 100 posts now! :biggrin:

As for France vs Spain, I don't know. Both sound nice, but I'm sure there must be better places in France than Paris. Too bad we'll have whisked Humanino away to Tom_Mattson's birthday/Christmas party, or else you could have visited him while there. Ooh, even better, you could catch Tsu's bus while she's there to get Humanino and join us all! :biggrin:

Spain, definitely Spain.

But I'm biased.

I've never been to Barcelona, but if it means anything I can say with confidence that Paris is much more entertaining than Madrid.

Rome beats em both though.

Or we could simply pack our bags
And catch a plane to Barcelona 'cause this city's a drag...

Holiday in Spain, Counting Crows

nuff said

PS: I think that when he says "this city" he means the city where he's staying at that moment. Barcelona is not a drag, sincerely

Last edited:
If you have a weekend, just go to France (especially if you are driving) and save Spain for another time (one needs at least 1 week to see a minimum of Spain - I can recommend some interesting places).

In France, you will have to pick East or West, North or South.

In the East, the Rhone River Valley (http://www.rhonealpes-tourisme.com/). I have found Lyon and the area very nice - a good food. If you go south, then there are Nimes, Avignon, and Aix en Provence (http://www.aixenprovencetourism.com), then back north through Annecy.

Otherwise Paris is fine, and perhaps go west through the Loire River Valley (http://www.lvo.com/GB/INDEX.HTML) down to Nantes.

Last edited:

What are some popular tourist destinations in France?

Some popular tourist destinations in France include the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Palace of Versailles, the French Riviera, and the Loire Valley.

What are some popular tourist destinations in Spain?

Some popular tourist destinations in Spain include Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, the Canary Islands, and the Costa del Sol.

Which country is known for its cuisine: France or Spain?

Both France and Spain are known for their cuisine. France is famous for its bread, cheese, and wine, while Spain is known for its tapas, paella, and sangria.

What are some cultural differences between France and Spain?

France and Spain have different cultures and customs. For example, in France, it is customary to greet someone with a kiss on each cheek, while in Spain, people typically greet each other with a handshake. Additionally, French is the official language of France, while Spanish is the official language of Spain.

Which country is known for its art and architecture: France or Spain?

Both France and Spain have rich histories in art and architecture. France is known for its iconic landmarks such as the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Louvre Museum, while Spain is known for its stunning Gothic cathedrals and Antoni Gaudí's famous buildings in Barcelona.