Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Franking credits

  1. Oct 6, 2007 #1
    you receive a 50% franked dividend of $500. corporate tax rate is 30%.

    what is your assessable income in relation to this?

    from my understanding.

    it would be 500/.85 or something like that.

    u pretend u receive an unfranked dividend and just go off ur personal tax rate.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2007 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    for those of us who are not Aussies!

    Call the "original amount" X. If the corporate tax rate is 30$, the corporation has already paid 0.3X leaving X- 0.3X= 0.7X to give to you: 0.7X= 500 so X= 500/.7= $714.28. Would be the "unfranked" amount. Unfortunately, I am still not clear on what the "50%" in a "50% franked dividend of $500" means.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Franking credits