Free 100MB Yahoo Email - Do You Think It's a Wise Decision?

• Thread starter KLscilevothma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, Yahoo! has automatically upgraded all email accounts to 100MB in order to compete with Google, who offers 1GB of space for free. Despite criticism for not offering more space, Yahoo! may not have the same efficient data storage capabilities as Google.
KLscilevothma
Isn't it cool? :rofl: I was shocked when I logged in my Yahoo! email account and noticed that my email account was automatically upgraded.

Now even for new users, they can get free 100MB account.

Do you think it's a wise decision to let us enjoy 100MB for free?

Computer science news on Phys.org
100MB Yahoo Email

Hah hah, now we got 100MB yahoo mailbox.
Who wants to use hotmail/msn mail ? :cry:

KLscilevothma,
Yes, it was a wise decision. They needed to compete with google who is providing 1 Gig of space for free.

Saint,
I heard that msn was blocking gmail invitations. Microsoft is up to their dirty tricks again.

thats only a fraction of what google is offering. How can they call that competing?

Yes, Yahoo! is trying to take away reasons to switch to GMail by increasing to 100MB. To the unwary user, this may seem like more than enough (and to the less-contacted user, it probably is). But with GMail, which we're all waiting for, users will ultimately never have to delete email.

Why doesn't Yahoo! compete by giving more space? Well, Google's storage is a bit more efficient, most efficient in the world I believe. As told by a friend, it would cost Google about $2 per year per user, which is easily made back through advertising. But is Yahoo's data storage at such a disparity with Google's? I dunno.

What is the purpose of offering a free 100MB Yahoo email?

The purpose of offering a free 100MB Yahoo email is to attract more users to use Yahoo's email service. It is a marketing strategy to increase the company's user base and potentially generate more revenue through advertisements.

Is 100MB enough storage for an email account?

It depends on the individual's usage. If the email account is used for personal purposes and does not receive large attachments or media files, then 100MB may be sufficient. However, for businesses or individuals who receive and send large files frequently, 100MB may not be enough.

Are there any limitations to the free 100MB Yahoo email?

Yes, there are limitations to the free 100MB Yahoo email. These limitations may include a cap on the number of emails that can be stored, a limit on the size of attachments that can be sent and received, and restrictions on the use of certain features or services.

Is it a wise decision to use the free 100MB Yahoo email?

It depends on the individual's needs and preferences. If the limitations of the free 100MB Yahoo email do not affect the user's email usage, then it may be a wise decision. However, if the user requires more storage or features, it may be better to opt for a paid email service with higher storage and more features.

Can the storage limit of the free 100MB Yahoo email be increased?

No, the storage limit of the free 100MB Yahoo email cannot be increased. To access more storage, users would need to upgrade to a paid email service or use multiple free email accounts.