Free body diagram of a car

• Thread starter TylerK
  • Start date

Homework Statement

A car pushes a block across the floor. (assume that it is moving from left to the right)

Draw a free body diagram for the car showing: Force by block on car. Force of friction. Force of Gravity. Normal force.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Normal force Straight up, gravity straight down. Force of box on car going left + force of friction going left.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

alright, i'll attach something for you

Note: Remember that no matter what your object is, it will remain as a box. Do not bother into details, only what that object (or system) it is.

Attachments

Last edited:
is "force by rabbit" the same as force of car on rabbit? I interpreted that as the equal and opposite reaction push back onto the car from the rabbit.

they are action-reaction pairs I think, but no, they are seperate forces. Remember to label each one with a different name.

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Homework Statement

A car pushes a block across the floor. (assume that it is moving from left to the right)

Draw a free body diagram for the car showing: Force by block on car. Force of friction. Force of Gravity. Normal force.
when did the block change into a rabbit?
Normal force Straight up, gravity straight down. Force of box on car going left + force of friction going left.
if the friction force on car and force of block on car both point left, how does the car move to the right?