What are some recommended e-books on number theory?

In summary, number theory is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the properties and relationships of integers. Free e-books on number theory can be found on websites like Project Gutenberg, Open Library, and Archive.org. Reading these e-books can deepen understanding of mathematical concepts and improve problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Topics covered in e-books on number theory include prime numbers, divisibility, modular arithmetic, and Diophantine equations. While some e-books may require a strong math background, there are also beginner-friendly options available.
ramsey2879
Physics Kiddy ask for suggestions of what books to read on number theory, so I did a search and came up with this link. Others may have their own favorite sites or titles.
www.freebookcentre.net/Mathematics/Number-Theory-Books.html. Some may be downloaded

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a brilliant thing, thank you!

1. What is number theory?

Number theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties and relationships of numbers, particularly integers.

2. Where can I find free e-books on number theory?

There are many websites that offer free e-books on number theory, such as Project Gutenberg, Open Library, and Archive.org.

3. Why should I read e-books on number theory?

E-books on number theory can provide a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques, and can also help with problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

4. Are there any specific topics covered in e-books on number theory?

Yes, e-books on number theory can cover a wide range of topics, including prime numbers, divisibility, modular arithmetic, and Diophantine equations.

5. Do I need a strong background in math to read e-books on number theory?

While a basic understanding of math is helpful, there are also e-books on number theory that are written for beginners and do not require a strong math background.