Living a Batteries-Free Life with Spinbrush Electric Toothbrushes

In summary, the conversation discusses an interesting way to live without ever having to buy batteries by using a new Spinbrush electric toothbrush with batteries, which is cheaper than buying batteries alone. The conversation also mentions using drained batteries for other devices, such as cameras and remotes, and repurposing the old toothbrush for its motor and gear train. There is also a side discussion on the frustration of having different sized batteries for various devices. The conversation ends with a joke about recharging batteries and the mention of a genius who has not received recognition.
Danger
Gold Member
Okay, not quite, but I figured that would get your attention. I've come across an interesting way to live a complete life without ever having to buy batteries. By some totally bizarre twist of marketing, a new Spinbrush electric toothbrush with batteries is cheaper than a pair of batteries by themselves. When they're drained to the point of it running too slowly, the bristles are about shot anyhow. Time for a new one. The batteries, meanwhile, are still more than adequate to operate my camera. The old camera batteries still have lots of juice for a flashlight, and when that gets too dim they go into one of my TV or VCR remotes. They all seem to reach their particular states of depletion at the same time, so the cycle continues. As a bonus, I get a new little motor and gear train from the old toothbrush to use for other stuff. :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
Okay, not quite, but I figured that would get your attention. I've come across an interesting way to live a complete life without ever having to buy batteries. By some totally bizarre twist of marketing, a new Spinbrush electric toothbrush with batteries is cheaper than a pair of batteries by themselves. When they're drained to the point of it running too slowly, the bristles are about shot anyhow. Time for a new one. The batteries, meanwhile, are still more than adequate to operate my camera. The old camera batteries still have lots of juice for a flashlight, and when that gets too dim they go into one of my TV or VCR remotes. They all seem to reach their particular states of depletion at the same time, so the cycle continues. As a bonus, I get a new little motor and gear train from the old toothbrush to use for other stuff. :approve:
congratulations!

LOL

interesting thread, but a good one at that.

How did you manage to get all that stuff to require the same size batteries? My frustration is that whatever thing has a dead battery in it usually takes the size battery I don't have in the house. Remotes take AAA, flashlights D, smoke detectors 9V, cameras AA. Nothing seems to use C batteries anymore, maybe those go in children's toys, and since I have no children, I have no children's toys lying around. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
How did you manage to get all that stuff to require the same size batteries? My frustration is that whatever thing has a dead battery in it usually takes the size battery I don't have in the house. Remotes take AAA, flashlights D, smoke detectors 9V, cameras AA. Nothing seems to use C batteries anymore, maybe those go in children's toys, and since I have no children, I have no children's toys lying around. :rolleyes:
:eek: I know 3 of them! :confused:

Now what can Danger be doing with all these?

I get a new little motor and gear train from the old toothbrush to use for other stuff.

danger broke the conservation of energy!

Lisa! said:
congratulations!
Thanks, hon. I knew that you, amongst all of my friends, would truly appreciate the magnitude of this discovery.

Kakarot said:
danger broke the conservation of energy!
One of my lesser talents, but well noted.

Moonbear said:
How did you manage to get all that stuff to require the same size batteries?:
Well, basically, everything takes AA. As a side-note though, remember that all normal AAA through D batteries are 1.5 volts. The size has more to do with how much overall energy is available. I've had pretty good success using AA batteries in something made for C's, by shimming them with springs or tinfoil to make them fit the case. They won't last as long as the proper size, but they'll work.
Moonbear said:
since I have no children, I have no children's toys lying around. :rolleyes:
And your adult toys are all kick-start, right?

wolram said:
Now what can Danger be doing with all these?

I get a new little motor and gear train from the old toothbrush to use for other stuff.
Sorry to make an extra post for you, but the others probably wouldn't feel comfortable getting into a mix with the likes of us. Essentially, there's no reason for you to worry about what I'm doing with that stuff. If you happen to notice any of your sheep missing, it's purely coincidental.

Danger said:
Thanks, hon. I knew that you, amongst all of my friends, would truly appreciate the magnitude of this discovery.
because my father has lots of discoveries like yours.unfortunately because of shortsighted and wetblancket people around him,he hasn't got his real place in the world :cry:

Lisa! said:
because of shortsighted and wetblancket people around him,he hasn't got his real place in the world :cry:
The curse of the true genius.

Wow, now if only there were some way to recharge batteries. :tongue2:

1. Can Spinbrush electric toothbrushes be used without batteries?

Yes, Spinbrush electric toothbrushes can be used without batteries. They are equipped with a rechargeable battery that can be charged with a charging station.

2. How long does the battery of a Spinbrush electric toothbrush last?

The battery life of a Spinbrush electric toothbrush can vary depending on usage, but on average it can last up to 7 days on a single charge.

3. Is it safe to use a Spinbrush electric toothbrush without batteries?

Yes, it is safe to use a Spinbrush electric toothbrush without batteries. The toothbrush is designed to be used with a rechargeable battery and does not pose any safety risks without batteries.

4. Is there a difference in performance between a battery-operated and a battery-free Spinbrush electric toothbrush?

No, there is no difference in performance between a battery-operated and a battery-free Spinbrush electric toothbrush. Both versions have the same rotating brush head and provide the same level of cleaning.

5. Can I travel with a battery-free Spinbrush electric toothbrush?

Yes, you can travel with a battery-free Spinbrush electric toothbrush. Since it does not require batteries, it is more convenient for traveling as you do not have to worry about bringing extra batteries or finding a power outlet to charge it.