Exploring Free Energy: A Look Into the Possibilities

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of free energy and the lack of reliable websites on the subject. One person mentions a man who claims to have discovered a way to make current flow through an open circuit just by looking at it. However, others dismiss this as a hoax and point out that free energy is not a scientifically accepted concept. The conversation also touches on the irony of people trying to sell free energy on eBay and the need for money in order to obtain any type of energy.
thepaqster
Does anyone have any good web sites on free energy? I heard about this guy who was able to make a current go through an open circuit just by looking at it or something... sounds pretty interesting.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can't find a good website about free energy, because a good website wouldn't even consider such a thing.

Free energy would have to exist for there to be a good website about free energy.

And nobody better start moaning over this "you have to have an open mind" crap.

do you mean Gibbs Free energy...

if so, could someone maybe explain what's wrong with it, seems to work for all that chem i was doing last week...

not trying to upset anyone, but am intrigued by you're responses...

No, I think he means the crackpottish free energy, not the chemistry term "free energy".

Several people are selling free energy on ebay. Is that irony?

Hot topic here, eh?

Chi Meson said:
Several people are selling free energy on ebay. Is that irony?

Now that's funny! :rofl:

hahaha even Ebay catagorizes it as "Metaphysical"

Pff, I am not paying $9 for a book on unlimited free energy. I want it free, that's the whole point here :P

Pengwuino said:
hahaha even Ebay catagorizes it as "Metaphysical"

Pff, I am not paying $9 for a book on unlimited free energy. I want it free, that's the whole point here :P

All energy will cost money as long as money exists... i would consider oil a free energy source, as long as there's no one controlling the costs.

What is free energy?

Free energy refers to the potential energy available in a system that can be converted into useful work. This energy is derived from sources such as sunlight, wind, and water, and is considered to be clean and renewable.

Can free energy be harnessed and used as a source of power?

Yes, free energy can be harnessed and used as a source of power. Various technologies, such as solar panels, wind turbines, and hydroelectricity, have been developed to convert free energy into electricity.

What are the benefits of using free energy?

The use of free energy has numerous benefits. It is a clean and renewable source of energy, which means it does not contribute to air or water pollution. It also reduces our dependence on non-renewable sources of energy, such as fossil fuels, which are finite and contribute to climate change.

Are there any limitations or challenges to exploring free energy?

While free energy has many potential benefits, there are also limitations and challenges to its exploration. Technologies for harnessing free energy can be expensive and require a significant initial investment. Additionally, the availability of free energy sources may be limited in certain regions.

What advancements are being made in the field of free energy?

Scientists and researchers are constantly working on new technologies and methods for harnessing and utilizing free energy. This includes advancements in solar panel efficiency, wind turbine design, and energy storage systems. There is also ongoing research into new sources of free energy, such as geothermal and tidal energy.