1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free fall problem

1. Jul 21, 2010 #1
    Can you help me with this please, an aproach on how to proced would be great.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    From top of a tower two bodies are dropped with the same velocity Vo and same inclinations [tex]\alpha[/tex]1 [tex]\alpha[/tex]2. both bodies fall in the same point of the ground. Calculate the hight of the tower.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2010 #2
    The question makes no sense.
    Have you stated it correctly?

4. Jul 22, 2010 #3
    From top of a tower two bodies are thrown with the same velocity (Vo) and same inclinations LaTeX Code: \\alpha 1 LaTeX Code: \\alpha 2. both bodies fall in the same point of the ground. Calculate the hight of the tower.

Hi,
    yes that is the question, I am also confused..

5. Jul 22, 2010 #4
    Is there a diagram shown in the book? If not, can you draw a diagram of what you think is happening?

6. Jul 22, 2010 #5
    No there is not a diagram,

the answer is: H = (2v^2/g). (cos[tex]\alpha[/tex]1 cos[tex]\alpha[/tex]2 . cos([tex]\alpha[/tex]1+[tex]\alpha[/tex]2))/sen^2([tex]\alpha[/tex]1+[tex]\alpha[/tex]2)

But I can get the relation of combinig the movement of both bodies, as is in the problem both have the same intial velocity and angle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook