1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free peer review services

1. Sep 10, 2011 #1
    Hi

Does anybody know any free peer review services for research papers?
    Does physical review letters have a free peer review service?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2011 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you are submitting an article for publication, most journals will peer review, typeset and publish your article for free (if it is accepted). The notable exception is PRL, which I believe, charges a publication fee.

If you are not looking to submit your paper to a journal, but would like it "peer reviewed", that I'm afraid I'm not aware of an reputable services. If you are a student, the best option would be to show your paper to one of your tutors or supervisor (if you have one) and ask them to read it.

4. Sep 11, 2011 #3

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I am unaware of any Journal that does not levy 'page charges'- online or print. The charges can be waived in some circumstances, but I have paid for every article I ever published.

5. Sep 12, 2011 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most journals I have seen do indeed levy "page charges", but offer x free pages for each manuscript. Certainly for papers in my field, this free limit is usually sufficient for the entire paper. Of course, there are also many journals that do not levy any page charges whatsoever, certainly in mathematics and engineering. Of the articles I have published, I have only had to pay once - for exceeding the free page limit by a few pages.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook