1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free Period

1. Sep 7, 2005 #1
    Last year I completed two courses in the space of one, so this year I may have the possibility of having a free period. I was just wondering if having a free period looks bad to universities even if I have all my credits.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2005 #2
    Universities see your transcript, not your schedule. They won't even know you have a free period unless you take less than a full load, in which it could conceivably look bad, but if you're still taking plenty of challenging courses I can't imagine them caring very much.

4. Sep 8, 2005 #3
    I seriously doubt that a university would care if you had a free period. Like Stephan hoyer said, the university probably wont know if you had a free period. I know a lot of students who had free periods in my senior class in high school who not only got into good schools but got good scholarships.

5. Sep 8, 2005 #4
    ...on top of that, each high school is so different that your schedule (with the free period) might be the same schedule (or better) of someone else without a free period.

6. Sep 9, 2005 #5
    Cool. Thank you all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?