Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free Period

1. Sep 7, 2005 #1
    Last year I completed two courses in the space of one, so this year I may have the possibility of having a free period. I was just wondering if having a free period looks bad to universities even if I have all my credits.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2005 #2
    Universities see your transcript, not your schedule. They won't even know you have a free period unless you take less than a full load, in which it could conceivably look bad, but if you're still taking plenty of challenging courses I can't imagine them caring very much.

4. Sep 8, 2005 #3
    I seriously doubt that a university would care if you had a free period. Like Stephan hoyer said, the university probably wont know if you had a free period. I know a lot of students who had free periods in my senior class in high school who not only got into good schools but got good scholarships.

5. Sep 8, 2005 #4
    ...on top of that, each high school is so different that your schedule (with the free period) might be the same schedule (or better) of someone else without a free period.

6. Sep 9, 2005 #5
    Cool. Thank you all.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook