Free Physics Books

jtbell
Mentor
everything posted in this thread is legal.
Except stuff that we haven't noticed yet, or that nobody has reported to us as being suspicious. We don't "pre-approve" posts here, so it's possible something inappropriate might slip past us temporarily.

Likes YoungPhysicist
Except stuff that we haven't noticed yet, or that nobody has reported to us as being suspicious. We don't "pre-approve" posts here, so it's possible something inappropriate might slip past us temporarily.
Well, I believe in you

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
J. Schwinger, Quantum Mechanics - Symbolism for atomic measurements, Springer Verlag

However, if you have some familiarity with quantum mechanics, the epilogue chapter of this book is a must to be read. It's very clear about the physical meaning of the quantum formalism.
What epilogue chapter? The version of the book I have ends with chapter 12. Electromagnetic Radiation.

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
Such chances are really less. Speaking from my experience here. Thanks to the hard work by the moderators here.

Likes Lynda Jhon and vanhees71
vanhees71
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
What epilogue chapter? The version of the book I have ends with chapter 12. Electromagnetic Radiation.
Argh. Of cose I meant Prologue Chapter ;-(.

Likes Keith_McClary, Lynda Jhon and Demystifier
pinball1970
Gold Member
Great post this thanks.

Keith_McClary
Gold Member
Feynman Lectures on the Strong Interactions
Posted on June 15, 2020 by woit
Available at the arXiv this evening is something quite fascinating. Jim Cline has posted course notes from Feynman’s last course, given in 1987-88 on QCD. There are also some audio files of a few of the lectures available here. The course was interrupted by Feynman’s final illness, with the last lecture given just a couple weeks before Feynman’s death in February of 1988. There’s an introduction to the notes by Cline in which he explains more about the course and how the notes came to be.

The course was given over thirty years ago, and many textbooks have appeared since then, but it seems to me this has held up well as an excellent place for a student to go to learn the subject.

Likes vanhees71 and FourEyedRaven