1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free publications sites

1. Oct 14, 2006 #1

I was curious if there are any other sites similar to arXiv.org that store and allow free access for articles in physics.

- Alex
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2006 #2
    Even I tried to search for free publications but no luck except for arxiv. I would love to know other free publication websites but I rather doubt there other free publication websites of physics besides arxiv
  4. Oct 15, 2006 #3
  5. Oct 15, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Please note that ALL new papers appearing in ALL IoP journals are available for FREE during the first 30 days that they appear online. Also note that New Journal of Physics, which is one of IoP's publication, is always available for free.

One should also start looking at the Physical Review journals, especially PRL. They have recently started a program in which the authors can pay an extra fee to make their papers have unlimited open access. Not many so far have taken up on it (I certainly didn't with my last paper), but I'm starting to hear that they are becoming more frequent.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  6. Oct 15, 2006 #5
    Thank you All!

Just went and found straight article on subject for which I had to gather info by pieces from wiki and arXiv.org. Whoa.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?