1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free Vibration, 1DOF, Walkthrough?

1. Sep 27, 2011 #1
    Hi,

I've just started a degree in Mechanical Engineering after a HNC and im having trouble with the Dynamics module!!

The lecturer literally just blabbed on about Free Vibration and did a worked example of a free vibration system with 1 degree of freedom. He didn't tell us any of the equations used or what any of the symbol stood for and i learnt nothing.

I've read around for a few hours and got most of the x=displacement, m=mass, omega(n)= natural frequency but i need some worked examples that I can work through in order to get used to working out the questions etc.

So basically my questions is does anyone know of any online worked examples that I can try and figure this out with?

Thanks in advance for any help, im guessing ive not made a lot of sense here so any help is much appreciated!!!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted