Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Freedom Finally

1. Jun 27, 2004 #1
    Freedom!! Finally!!

After three gruesome weeks, I finally finished my exams!

Gone are the days of loneliness, boredom, and the feeling that life could have been much simpler (if alot more boring) if only I would have gone in a financial direction.

Anyway, and don't get my results till next Friday, but I'm confident I will have passed (ie 60% or more) all my courses.

Parents, one word of advice : if your kids come home saying they want to double-major in physics/mathematics... slap them.

My plans for the next weeks? Party hard, get in touch with people whom I've been neglecting for far too long and spending alot more time on PF :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Congratulations Dimitri!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I've missed your handsome face!! Glad you survived. :approve:

4. Jun 28, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

Congratulations!!! And welcome back!!! You've been missed!!!!! :biggrin:

5. Jun 29, 2004 #4
    Update:

After four days of partying, doing a photoshoot with some VERY nice ladies (I'll explain later :wink: ), I'm of to party some more, we have the science faculty bbq today, followed by the last official VUB party of the year.

But before that I have my first meeting as a student representative on the VUB directory board... :biggrin:

6. Jun 29, 2004 #5

jimmy p

Gold Member

Congrats... I as well have finished my exams, no more A-levels for me!! Talking of photoshoots with ladies, where are the pictures?? :tongue2:

7. Jun 29, 2004 #6

Tsu

Gold Member

Have a blast, Dimitri! Just remember, tho... When all of your partying pals are passed out cold on the floor, WE'LL still be here for you to talk to! :wink: :biggrin:

Congrats to you, too, chopnik! Party hearty!! :wink: (I'm with you! Where are those pix, Dimitri????? :biggrin:)

8. Jul 1, 2004 #7
    Aah, the pictures. Funny story really.

Three good friends of mine are entrusted with organizing the faculty prom next year. They were brainstorming on how to get some funds together, and they wanted to do something special, something that would get us noticed. So I suggested "Hey, why don't you make a calendar with pictures of the three of you, make it a tasteful, stylish affair."

To my still lasting surprise, they thought it was a great idea. So now we've done two test shoots, and they were really surprised how good they looked on it. The three women in question, while being quite gorgeous, are typically female in that they consider themselves too imperfect to be considered attractive by the public.

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow, judge for yourselves.

9. Jul 1, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

You are my new best friend! :biggrin:

10. Jul 6, 2004 #9
    Am I Jimmy? Really? :wink:

Anyway, here are two results from the first shoot, which was a test-shoot, mind you. The idea was for them to get used to the camera, instead of really getting printable results. There is a third girl, but I haven't got her try on this computer.

The first one is Daphne, second year mathematics student, classmate and very dear friend.

The second one is Deborah, second year biotechnology student and also a very dear friend.

Any more request will have to be handled via PayPal :biggrin:

PS : I really had to shuffle them around to get them to fit the upload limit. These were about 1MB originally.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  11. Jul 7, 2004 #10
    No comments? :frown:

Are the pictures getting through alright?

12. Jul 7, 2004 #11
    Not yet.

The Bob (2004 ©)

13. Jul 11, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

:biggrin: you will be Dimitri, if the pictures are good MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

14. Jul 12, 2004 #13
    Aha, it seems that the attachments got accepted. So, what do you guys think?

I'm probably going to have the first definate shoot on Wednesday. If you'll ask very nicely, I might put up the ones that will make it to the calender.

15. Jul 12, 2004 #14

jimmy p

Gold Member

The first girl was much nicer IMHO, but both are pretty nice. You have done well.

16. Jul 12, 2004 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Both very pretty!! :smile:

17. Jul 13, 2004 #16
    Indeed he has. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

18. Jul 13, 2004 #17
    Thank you :smile:

Do you mean you like the first picture better, or the first girl? I'll agree with you on the picture, but I'm not agreeing on the latter though... I'll put another one up shortly, make up your mind afterwards.

19. Jul 13, 2004 #18

Tsu

Gold Member

I think they are both absolutely lovely, Dimitri! I like their poses, too. Nice job!! :approve:

20. Jul 13, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

I like the first picture better. The more pictures however, the better!!

21. Jul 14, 2004 #20
    Ok, here's some more.
    These are the best face-shots I got. The third girl is Nathalie, first year Chemistry student.

The shoot today didn't go through, due to bad weather. Better luck on Friday...

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?