1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Freezing with nitrogen

1. Jun 23, 2011 #1
    Is it possible to freeze liquid in tank with compressed nitrogen? Tank has double sides where nitrogen is relased. Also there are numerous nozzles inside tank through which nitrogen spray. Would be final result solid form of liquid? What is difference in time, amount of nitrogen needed for 50 liters of water or gasoline to be frozen?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2011 #2
    I am just asking if it is possible to built tank (with double sides) with nozzles for compressed nitorgen inside and if gasoline would be frozen and in what time if tank capacity is 50 litres. I need approximate quantity of nitrogen and time in which it would do the job.
    It might seem like silly and obvious question but I must ask it because my next step depends on it.
    Exact answer would be much appriciated.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook