1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Frenette heater

1. Feb 3, 2016 #1
    I Was wondering how a frenette heater works?
    By frenette I mean the one that works thanks to friction.
    What would be the maximum heat produced assuming that we take The most ideal situation.
    Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2016 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

A heater that works by friction is a way to describe any device that generates kinetic friction. All kinetic friction energy becomes heat, so such a device, driven by electricity, would be exactly 100% efficient, like any other electric heater. Common examples of "friction heaters" include fans, circulation pumps, mechanical only stationary bikes and kitchen blenders.

However, I googled "Frenette heater" and I got silly claims of a perpetual motion machine, with a description that is simply a heater that works by friction as I described above. Nothing to see here and we don't discuss perpetual motion machine claims here. Thread locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook