1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Frequency of recievers to recieve each others transmission.

1. Aug 12, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to calculate the frequency which the receivers should be tuned to too receive one another frequency. Both are transmitting at a frequency of 17.5 MHz. I know the answer should be 54.0MHz.

2. Relevant equations

Unsure

3. The attempt at a solution

Unsure of how to find the common frequency, I know your suppose to show how you attempted the question but am unsure how to even start. If someone could offer me a formula to start. I'm sure its an easy question, im a bit stumped tho. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2009 #2

tms

When I set up a circuit, I tune the receiver to the frequency the transmitter is tuned to (modulo possible offsets due to emission type). Perhaps there is some confusion in the statement of the problem.

4. Aug 12, 2009 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. I agree with tms about not understanding your problem statement. If you have two transmitters at 17.5MHz, why would the receiver not be tuned to 17.5MHz as well? Is there some heterodyning part to the question perhaps?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook