Frequency of unsteady pressure

In summary, unsteady pressure does not necessarily have a frequency, but if you provide more detail about the problem you are facing we may be able to help better. During measurement of pressure differences by the using orifice and an electronic transducer, we can have some oscillation on diaphragm, I try to define this effect by the calculating pressure drop from vena contracta to transducer. I say that oscillation is 30 percent (maybe its too much, if someone has idea about it, could be nice). And I estimate frequency as 300 Hz. thickness of transducer 0.203 mm maximum volume deflection : 13.64 cubic milimeter maximum deflection in center:0.1798 mm
Merttt
Hello everyone;

What is the general frequency of unsteady pressure when we measure by the using transducer and diameter of pipe inside can be 2.2 mm?

Can someone provide a proff also ? I mean scientific paper.

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
Unsteady pressure Doesn't necessarily have a frequency, but if you provide more detail about the problem you are facing we may be able to help better.

During measurement of pressure differences by the using orifice and an electronic transducer, we can have some oscillation on diaphragm, I try to define this effect by the calculating pressure drop from vena contracta to transducer. I say that oscillation is 30 percent (maybe its too much, if someone has idea about it, could be nice). And I estimate frequency as 300 Hz.

thickness of transducer 0.203 mm
maximum volume deflection : 13.64 cubic milimeter
maximum deflection in center:0.1798 mm
surface area : 227.57
after oscillation,
volume deflection : 4.1 cubic milimeter (V1-V2)
maximum deflection in center: 0.1798 mm
Surface area : 227.54 mm2My problem is how I can define the velocity then?

V(t) = (V1-V2) sin(wt) w= 2 pi f t I think according to formula t means time; f frequency;
how i can define the time when frequency is 300 Hz?

On the other hand does frequency different when Diapghram is in V1 position or V2 Position.

After defining V here I can define volume flow rate Q =dV/dt m3/sn
Q= A.c

Here c shows velocity and I can calculate pressure loses then.

I want to find realistic value instead of 300 hz please.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

It still isn't entirely clear what you are trying to do. If your pressure fluctuations are on the order of 30%, that implies something is wrong with your wind tunnel. Then again, maybe not since we don't even know what you are measuring.

In most cases, making pressure measurements will involve some fluctuation. The frequencies involved can come from a number of sources, like natural frequencies of the transducer diaphragm or the tunnel itself, blade-passing frequencies from the fan in the case of a closed-circuit tunnel, instabilities in the flow, turbulence in the flow. Those will all produce oscillations of varying frequency and amplitude. It's really not possible to say more based on what you've told us so far.

It's fluid mechanic labarotary pipes. I just did assume. I want to see what would be pressure loses under the worst condition so on. Please I need some help about it also

That still wasn't very descriptive but it sounds like you just have a very unsteady flow in your system.

They all are assumptions, maybe not realistic. Is it a must to have turbulent flow when pressure is unsteady? I mean in transmission lines.

Merttt said:
I try to define this effect by the calculating pressure drop from vena contracta to transducer.
i cannot follow your train of thought.if this is what you are up to

ORIFICE%20TYPE%20FLOW%20METERING.jpg
i had the good fortune to wander around a power plant with a spectrum analyzer.

The output of your DP transducer will contain several frequencies.
1. Buffeting from turbulence in the pipe and particularly if your orifice is anywhere near an upstream elbow.
2. Resonant frequency of the fluid in the sensing lines against the compliance of your DP transducer, simple spring-mass harmonic motion.
3. Any mechanical motion of the sense lines in same direction they run, because the fluid is accelerated by that motion.
4. Any motion of the dp sensor itself perpendicular to plane of its sensing diaphragm, same reason. We had to relocate a lot of sensors off non-rigid mounts and onto concrete floors or the ground. Speed of nearby rotating equipment will show up. We had 6,000 horsepower pumps whose 20 hz rotating speed showed up almost everywhere.
5. Any control system actually affecting flow.

When measuring water it is important to mount the transducer below the pipe so that air bubbles will work their way out of the sense lines. You must also maintain constant slope toward the pipe, same reason. Converse is so for a dry process.

The sense lines and compliance of the sensor make a low pass filter , though not necessarily a low-Q one. So they'll attenuate turbulence at higher frequencies.
Industrial DP sensors have a damping adjustment, sometimes hydraulic more often electronic..
In extreme cases it is necessary to provide your own damping by throttling those local isolation valves immediately atop the DP sensor. In my experience that only was necessary with bellows type sensors which have large displacement.
try searching on process noise analysis

http://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3909&context=utk_gradthes

i have a friend in that business

upload_2015-7-19_18-10-27.png

http://www-pub.iaea.org/mtcd/publications/pdf/p1500_cd_web/htm/pdf/topic7/7s05_h.hashemian.pdf

observe air lowers corner frequency and raises Q.

1. What is unsteady pressure?

Unsteady pressure refers to changes in air pressure that occur over time, rather than a constant pressure. This can be caused by various factors such as moving objects, changes in wind speed, or sound waves.

2. How is unsteady pressure measured?

Unsteady pressure is typically measured using pressure sensors or transducers, which can detect small changes in air pressure over time. These sensors can be placed on surfaces such as aircraft wings or buildings to measure the fluctuations in air pressure caused by different factors.

3. What is the frequency of unsteady pressure?

The frequency of unsteady pressure refers to how often the pressure changes occur per unit of time. It is typically measured in hertz (Hz) or cycles per second. The frequency can vary depending on the source of the pressure changes and can range from a few Hz to several kHz.

4. Why is the frequency of unsteady pressure important?

The frequency of unsteady pressure is important in many fields, such as aerodynamics, acoustics, and structural engineering. It can affect the stability and performance of objects in motion, the propagation of sound waves, and the structural integrity of buildings and bridges. Understanding the frequency of unsteady pressure can help engineers and scientists design more efficient and durable structures.

5. How do scientists study the frequency of unsteady pressure?

Scientists use various techniques to study the frequency of unsteady pressure, such as wind tunnel experiments, computational simulations, and field measurements. These methods allow them to analyze the pressure fluctuations and determine their frequency, amplitude, and other characteristics. Advanced techniques such as spectral analysis can also be used to identify the dominant frequencies in the pressure data.