Calculate Frequency & Phase of ASK Signal - 10 Points

• Thread starter dizzzzy23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Frequency
In summary, the conversation discusses the frequency of a signal that repeats 40,000 times within one minute and the calculation of the frequency and phase in Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK). The baud rate and bit rate are mentioned as 666.66 in ASK, where the frequency and phase remain constant while only the amplitude changes. The user is seeking help in calculating the frequency and phase.
dizzzzy23
frequency problem!

this is the ex:
What is the frequency in Hertz (cycles per second) of a signal that repeats 40,000 times within one minute? What is the period of the signal? (10 points)

i think the baud rate is 666.66
the same i the bit rate 666.66 in (ASK) Amplitude shift Keying.

I know that in (ASK) frequency and phase remain constant while only the amplitude change.

But i don't Know how to calculate the frequency and the phase.

can anybody help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
You posted this in the Introductory Physics homework help subforum as well. DO NOT double post! Hopefully a mod will delete this version of the thread.

Please do not double post.

i don't know where i must post it.
i am first time user of this forum.

sorry about that.

That's ok. Just use common sense next time. Is this *advanced physics*? Hardly! But the point is that even if you choose the wrong forum, it's not a big deal, a mod will certainly move it to the correct one without any trouble. What is important is that you choose only ONE.

1. How do you calculate the frequency of an ASK signal?

To calculate the frequency of an ASK (Amplitude Shift Keying) signal, you need to know the time period of the signal, which is the amount of time it takes for one complete cycle. You can then use the formula frequency = 1 / time period to find the frequency in Hertz (Hz).

2. What is the difference between carrier frequency and modulation frequency in ASK?

The carrier frequency is the frequency of the carrier wave that is used to transmit the signal, while the modulation frequency is the frequency of the signal that is being transmitted. In ASK, the carrier frequency remains constant, while the modulation frequency changes to represent the data being transmitted.

3. How do you calculate the phase of an ASK signal?

The phase of an ASK signal is determined by the point at which the signal begins in relation to the carrier wave. To calculate the phase, you need to know the time delay between the start of the signal and the start of the carrier wave. The phase can then be calculated using the formula phase = (time delay / time period) * 360 degrees.

4. What is the relationship between frequency and phase in ASK?

In ASK, the frequency and phase are directly related. As the frequency of the signal increases, the number of cycles per second also increases, resulting in a shorter time period and a change in phase. The phase of an ASK signal can also be used to determine the frequency of the signal.

5. How is frequency and phase modulation used in ASK signals?

In ASK, the frequency and phase of the carrier wave are modulated by the data signal to transmit information. When the data signal is high, the phase of the carrier wave is shifted, and when the data signal is low, the phase remains the same. This results in changes in the amplitude of the carrier wave, which can be decoded to retrieve the transmitted data.