How can I obtain Frequency Response Functions from ANSYS software?

In summary, the conversation discusses obtaining Frequency Response Functions from ANSYS software and the potential use of harmonic analysis and transient analysis. The speaker also mentions wanting to get stiffness matrix and mode shape values. Further clarification is needed on the specifics of the analysis needed.
arpwpagr
Hi all,
I want to get Frequency Response Functions from ANSYS software. Can anyone give me a guideline?

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You're going to need to elaborate quite a bit more on what you mean exactly.

If you mean what I think you mean, you'll need to do a harmonic analysis over a range of frequencies. Pick a node of interest, and use the time-dependent processor to plot displacement over frequency.

I have time varying force. Is there any possibility to apply such type of load in harmonic analysis. I know transient analysis can do it. If load can't be applied in harmonic analysis, can I do transient analysis and is it possible to get FRF using MATLAB? Please help me.

Nope. A harmonic analysis is essentially a steady, cyclic condition. If you vary the force in time, then the response will not be purely cyclic.

So, we I mentioned before, you need to elaborate more. You want a response function as both a function of time and frequency?

I want to get stiffness matrix and mode shape values from ANSYS software. Please help me.

What is a frequency response function?

A frequency response function (FRF) is a mathematical representation of the relationship between an input signal and an output signal of a system, as a function of frequency. It is often used in engineering and science to analyze the behavior of systems and determine their stability and performance.

What factors affect a frequency response function?

There are several factors that can affect a frequency response function, including the physical properties and design of the system, the type of input signal used, and any external disturbances or noise. Additionally, the accuracy of the measuring equipment and the conditions under which the measurements are taken can also impact the FRF.

How is a frequency response function measured?

A frequency response function can be measured by applying a known input signal to the system and measuring the resulting output signal. This can be done using specialized equipment such as a spectrum analyzer or by using mathematical techniques to analyze data collected from sensors placed on the system.

What is the significance of a frequency response function in system analysis?

The frequency response function is a useful tool for understanding the behavior of a system and identifying any potential issues or areas for improvement. It can help engineers and scientists to design and optimize systems for specific purposes, and to identify any potential sources of instability or inefficiency.

Can a frequency response function be used to predict the behavior of a system?

Yes, a frequency response function can be used to predict the behavior of a system under different conditions or with different input signals. By analyzing the FRF, engineers and scientists can gain insight into how a system will respond to various stimuli and make informed decisions about how to optimize its performance.