1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Frequency Response Functions

1. May 17, 2010 #1
    Hi all,
    I want to get Frequency Response Functions from ANSYS software. Can any one give me a guideline?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2010 #2

minger

Science Advisor

You're going to need to elaborate quite a bit more on what you mean exactly.

If you mean what I think you mean, you'll need to do a harmonic analysis over a range of frequencies. Pick a node of interest, and use the time-dependent processor to plot displacement over frequency.

4. May 17, 2010 #3
    I have time varying force. Is there any possibility to apply such type of load in harmonic analysis. I know transient analysis can do it. If load can't be applied in harmonic analysis, can I do transient analysis and is it possible to get FRF using MATLAB? Please help me.

5. May 17, 2010 #4

minger

Science Advisor

Nope. A harmonic analysis is essentially a steady, cyclic condition. If you vary the force in time, then the response will not be purely cyclic.

So, we I mentioned before, you need to elaborate more. You want a response function as both a function of time and frequency?

6. May 18, 2010 #5
    I want to get stiffness matrix and mode shape values from ANSYS software. Please help me.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook