Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Frequency Response Functions

1. May 17, 2010 #1
    Hi all,
    I want to get Frequency Response Functions from ANSYS software. Can any one give me a guideline?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2010 #2

minger

Science Advisor

You're going to need to elaborate quite a bit more on what you mean exactly.

If you mean what I think you mean, you'll need to do a harmonic analysis over a range of frequencies. Pick a node of interest, and use the time-dependent processor to plot displacement over frequency.

4. May 17, 2010 #3
    I have time varying force. Is there any possibility to apply such type of load in harmonic analysis. I know transient analysis can do it. If load can't be applied in harmonic analysis, can I do transient analysis and is it possible to get FRF using MATLAB? Please help me.

5. May 17, 2010 #4

minger

Science Advisor

Nope. A harmonic analysis is essentially a steady, cyclic condition. If you vary the force in time, then the response will not be purely cyclic.

So, we I mentioned before, you need to elaborate more. You want a response function as both a function of time and frequency?

6. May 18, 2010 #5
    I want to get stiffness matrix and mode shape values from ANSYS software. Please help me.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook