Freshman Engineering Project

1. I am an IITian freshman. We have been asked to manufacture a product, something that is made in workshops, (i.e. should include, but may not restricted to, carpentry, casting of metals, and such other methods.) The product should be innovative, and should address some problem. I am running out of ideas, so please put forward your problems so I may find a solution to them.

2. jcsd
  3. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Please tell us some of your ideas so far. That will help us to make suggestions.

Are you going to actually make one, or is this a paper exercise?

4. Hi there Rohan! IIT as in Illinois Institute of Technology? I'll probably be going there next year!

Anyways, think of what could be useful. Spoons and utensils? Furniture, especially wooden? Heck, a sword! Better yet, think of the problems in third world countries and what could be manufactured there to help with that. For example, http://www.gizmag.com/wello-waterwheel-water-transport/30325/
    That's made out of plastics and all, but something similar could be made in metal form, potentially.

5. SteamKing

SteamKing 8,279
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook