Freshman physics major at UNCG

In summary, Steve introduces himself as a new member to the forum and shares that he is a freshman physics major at UNCG and has a passion for physics. He also mentions his blog where he hopes to be challenged in problem solving skills. He thanks the forum for welcoming him and shares his favorite fish. The conversation also includes a reference to the forum tradition of "fish slapping."
srmeier
Hey guys,

I'm new to your forum and just thought I'd make my presents known. I'm currently a freshman physics major at UNCG and love it! Physics is much more than a passion for me, it's more like a lifestyle. Being a freshman with such a challenging major I find it quite important to have a full grasp on the fundamentals. That's why I created a blog in hopes that people will challenge my problem solving skills and make me think. If you'd like to check it out: http://steve-physics.blogspot.com" Thanks guys for what I know will be a warm welcome.

-steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Well...? What are these presents of which you speak?

http://www.edit-entertainment.com/blog/wp-content/images/yay-presents.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Name your favorite fish.

Can't you see that his presence is a present?

My favor fish is Canadian walleye, fun to fish for and eat.

OK, here you are!

651.jpg

Do a forum search on "fish slapping" to find out more about this tradition of ours. :biggrin:

(with thanks to Gokul43201 for finding this picture and posting it originally in this thread)

1. What is the curriculum like for a freshman physics major at UNCG?

The curriculum for a freshman physics major at UNCG includes introductory courses in mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and modern physics. Students will also take courses in math, chemistry, and general education requirements.

2. What resources are available for freshman physics majors at UNCG?

UNCG offers a variety of resources for freshman physics majors, including tutoring services, study groups, and access to research opportunities. The physics department also has a dedicated student lounge and computer lab for students to use.

3. Are there any special programs or opportunities for freshman physics majors at UNCG?

Yes, UNCG offers a program called "Physics Plus" which allows students to participate in research projects and attend special events and seminars. The university also has partnerships with local organizations and companies for students to gain hands-on experience in the field.

4. What is the class size like for freshman physics courses at UNCG?

The class size for freshman physics courses at UNCG can vary, but typically ranges from 20-40 students. This allows for a more personalized learning experience and ample opportunities for students to ask questions and engage with the material.

5. What career opportunities are available for freshman physics majors at UNCG?

A degree in physics can lead to a variety of career paths, including research and development, engineering, education, and even finance. UNCG's Career Services offers resources and guidance for students to explore potential career options and connect with industry professionals.