Fresnel power Coefficients

1. Hi,

I'm doing a question using the Fresnel power coefficients, not the Fresnel amplitude coefficients. We can use matlab for this, but we are given a fixed angle of incidence of 45 deg so its really just one calculation, as opposed to an earlier question where the angle varied between 0 and 90 deg. We are given the refractive indices.

But what are these equations, lol. We're supposed to look them up but I can't find them.

The earlier question talked about the Fresnel amplitude coefficients, and this current question tells us to use the Fresnel power coefficients so I assume they are different.

Thanks a lot

Liam

2. jcsd
  3. I've never heard of Fresnel power coefficient, but I guess it's similar to reflection coefficient. Then if you can calculate the relation between amplitudes, since power ~ intensity ~ amplitude^2, you can calculate the coefficient, right? :smile:

4. Hi Thanks,

yeah all we had to do was square the Fresnel amplitude reflection coefficient to get the power reflection coefficient and use 1-R2 to get the Fresnel power transmission coefficient.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?