I'm Getting Married This Friday! - July 16th

• Thread starter Kerrie
  • Start date
In summary, Kerrie is getting married this weekend and she's excited to share the news with her friends and the rest of the world. She's grateful for all the happiness her fiance has brought into her life and she wishes them all the best.
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
After almost 3 years of being together, my fiance Mark and I will tie the knot this Friday night at the beach. I wanted to share my happy news with you all and the rest of the world because I am so excited! :smile: When we get back, I will upload and post a few pictures so I can share in my happiness with you...I won't be anywhere near a computer this upcoming weekend, so don't go crazy in the Philosophy forum! :tongue2:

Attachments

• 962003.JPG
    962003.JPG
    4.4 KB · Views: 398
Physics news on Phys.org
:smile: I am very happy for you Kerrie, may luck, health, fortune and happiness be always with you, your husband and your family.

Wow! What wonderful news, Kerrie. Wishing you all the best!

You deserve all the best Kerrie! Best wishes to you!

I'm SO happy for you, Kerrie! Looks like the 'usual' weather on the Oregon coast this weekend! :biggrin: Try to make your wedding the BEST party you ever went to! (That's what Ivan and I did! It was SO FUN! :biggrin:) We'll be thinking of you! ('ll be working that night, but I'll still be thinking of you! :wink:)

Hey, congratulations! Allow me to approve your attachment for you.

OK, done. :approve:

Congratulations! May your wedding day mark the beginning of great joy and happiness as you embark on your lifelong journey together!

Congratulations KERRIE! We're all supremely happy for you!

A perfect opportunity to invade the phil--I mean, congratulations!

cookiemonster

Just out of curiosity, what beach? Don't worry, I won't be driving up the coast to crash.

Congratulations! You look a like a really cute couple.
Have fun!

Great News! Congratulations Kerrie. We will all be thinking of you on the 16th.

Is there any astrological significance to timing?

thanks all :smile:

Ivan~yes, there is a little bit of astrological timing to it...i planned it so it would be near the new moon in cancer...cancer is a more positive time for domestic and family issues...

loseyourname~we are getting married in newport OR, a historical bay front town that used to be the home (in the Oregon aquarium) to Keiko the whale...

Tsu~yes, we are planning it to be a great party!

May I congratulate you as well (as I was not up in time to say it before now)?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Have a happy wedding and a happier life! Congratulations! Can you send me some cake?

Ooooooo! Me, too! :biggrin: I LOVE cake!

I believe proper etiquette dictates that you express best wishes to the bride and congratulations to the groom since he’s the one who’s lucky to have her.

So anyway, Best Wishes!

check said:
I believe proper etiquette dictates that you express best wishes to the bride and congratulations to the groom since he’s the one who’s lucky to have her.
I'm impressed, that is correct. Miss Manners would approve. :approve:

Why can't girls be lucky to have guys? :-/ Kerrie, best wishes! :smile:

- Warren

You don't get out much, do you Warren? :tongue2:

Best Wishes, Kerrie!

Have a ball!

Are you taking a honeymoon anywhere nice?

:growl: :P

- Warren

enigma said:
You don't get out much, do you Warren? :tongue2:

Best Wishes, Kerrie!

Have a ball!

Are you taking a honeymoon anywhere nice?

we are staying a few days at the oregon coast for a honeymoon, not as grand as i dreamed for, but maybe next year we can go somewhere more exotic like hawaii :biggrin:

Best Wishes Kerrie ! Have a blast.

check said:

So anyway, Best Wishes!

Hmmm...best wishes always sounds a lot like "good luck" to me. Why can't you congratulate the bride for catching a good groom? Some etiquette rules seem so goofy. Well, just to cover all the bases: Best Wishes and Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!

Moonbear said:
Hmmm...best wishes always sounds a lot like "good luck" to me. Why can't you congratulate the bride for catching a good groom? Some etiquette rules seem so goofy. Well, just to cover all the bases: Best Wishes and Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!
LOL. Doesn't the bride need "good luck" though? :biggrin: Going back to "olden" times, men had to go to great lengths to win a fair maiden, so a man was to be congratulated for finding a good wife. A woman, being more clever, got the man she wanted without him knowing it, so she was never openly congratulated, otherwise the man might realize he'd been had. :biggrin:

Ok, I'm making this up, but it sounds reasonable. :rolleyes:

Hey I just had a great idea! How about if Janus, Integral and I get really drunk and crash the wedding. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
Hey I just had a great idea! How about if Janus, Integral and I get really drunk and crash the wedding. :biggrin:

that's true, you guys aren't that far away from me! if we have 25% of the PF mentor staff drunk and partying, PF might go to hell in a handbasket! i always thought it to be unique that 4 of us live in such close proximity... :smile:

Wishing you lots of romance Kerrie :approve:

Best Wishes!

Congrats, Kerrie! :biggrin:

WOOHOO! IT'S THE WEDDING DAY!BIG PARTY ON THE BEACH TONIGHT!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Don't worry, Kerrie. I'll drive over after work tonight and pick up those drunken slobs and bring 'em home so you don't have to share your honeymoon with the likes of THEM! :wink: :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl:

Kerrie said:
that's true, you guys aren't that far away from me! if we have 25% of the PF mentor staff drunk and partying, PF might go to hell in a handbasket! i always thought it to be unique that 4 of us live in such close proximity... :smile:

Woot! I've got my handbasket all woven and ready!

Have a marvelous honeymoon, and take good notes. We want details. Just the dirty stuff mind you, we don't care about tourist attractions. :tongue2:

Njorl

pictures!

wedding dinner pictures...i was 15 minutes late to my own wedding thus no time to snap pictures (i have the vow exchange on video though!) hope these turn out ok!

Attachments

• weddingdinner.jpg
    weddingdinner.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 358
  • weddingcake.jpg
    weddingcake.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 339
Kerrie said:
(i have the vow exchange on video though!)
So when are we going to see that? :wink:

That's so sweet! :cry:

I hope your husband knows the secret to a healthy relationship-that you're always right. :biggrin:

Kerrie said:
wedding dinner pictures...i was 15 minutes late to my own wedding thus no time to snap pictures (i have the vow exchange on video though!) hope these turn out ok!

Woo-hoo, nice pictures "Mrs. Kerrie". Congrats!