Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Friends Around The World?

1. May 21, 2004 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, and put them all in their own quarters and don't let them exchange ideas.. who thinks of that?
  4. May 22, 2004 #3
    I don't see my country there ... :'(
  5. May 25, 2004 #4
    what is your country?

and if u have suggestions for how to improve the site feel free to post them on the site
  6. May 25, 2004 #5
    I've met a lot of really good friends online, and met a few in real life already.

Good one coming up with a board. My suggestion is if you're going to start a forum, you gotta have a specific topic that you want to talk about whether it's Tech forum, philosophy, pets, politics or whatever. There's millions of useless forums crowding the Internet with very little to no traffic. It's important to come up with an original idea, or feature on your site that will draw people in and make them stay.

You may also want to implement a different skin for your board that will complement your subject.
    Last edited: May 25, 2004
  7. May 29, 2004 #6
    the idea of this board is that if we could eventually get enough traffic it could potentially become a 'global neighborhood watch' type thing
  8. May 29, 2004 #7
    There's no Poland. Anyway, it's not a good idea to create something like that. If I want to talk with people from my own country I would just find another forum. :grumpy: [www.matematyka.org/forum/index.php - if anyone of you know polish then... I'm joking, but you can create your own thread in english there, it would be nice :biggrin: ]
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?