How Challenging Is the Frog Leap Test?

In summary, The speakers discuss a frog leap test that is challenging for young children and share their experiences of completing it. They also mention how it is given to children in different countries at different ages. The key rule for solving the puzzle is to avoid making jumps that put two of the same frogs next to each other. They also express interest in more puzzles like this.
larkspur
I did it but don't know how...
"[URL
Frog leap test[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I think. But try it first! Its tough

I did it, took me about 10-15 tries though.

Wow, that's quite difficult for kindergarten... I don't know if I could have done that when I was that young. The major point being though, that nothing even near that complicated was given to me in till much later.

K.J.Healey said:

I think. But try it first! Its tough

I admit I had to use the first 2 hints to actually solve it...from there it took me 3 tries to get it right. :smile:

i think its wrong anyway, i think its 35642...

2nd grade??!

Here in the US we give that test to our kids at 13 months! And it proves a lot for them to just keep trying it until it work!

Got it in three. Here's the simple rule:

Don't make a jump that puts two of the same frogs next to each other (until the end, of course).

I took about 8 times to do it...nice puzzle, do u have any more?

1. What is the "Frog Leap Test: My Journey of Discovery" about?

The "Frog Leap Test: My Journey of Discovery" is a personal account of a scientist's research and experiments on the behavior of frogs. It explores the scientific process and the discoveries made through observation, experimentation, and analysis.

2. Why is the book titled "Frog Leap Test"?

The title "Frog Leap Test" refers to a specific experiment conducted by the scientist in the book, where they measure the distance and pattern of a frog's leap. This test is used to understand the physical abilities and behavior of the frogs.

3. Is this book suitable for non-scientists?

Yes, this book is written in a way that is accessible and engaging for readers of all backgrounds. While it does cover scientific concepts and terminology, the author explains them in a way that can be easily understood by non-scientists.

4. What can readers learn from "Frog Leap Test: My Journey of Discovery"?

Readers can learn about the scientific process and the importance of experimentation and observation in making new discoveries. They can also gain a better understanding of the behavior and abilities of frogs, and how it relates to their environment.

5. Who would benefit from reading this book?

Anyone with an interest in science, nature, or animals would benefit from reading this book. It can also be a valuable resource for students and educators studying biology or conducting research on frogs.