Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From Cleaner to Concert Pianist

1. Jun 20, 2007 #1
    This is amazing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...in_article_id=462888&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2007 #2

turbo

Gold Member

Nice! Their comparisons to "Good Will Hunting" are a bit screwy, though - the fellow has been playing piano since age 4, studied at a major music conservatory, and had been playing for audiences for a years. Being a janitor was an avocation that earned him some money and left him time to continue to practice. Getting good as a musician and continuing to improve requires hard work and dedication.

You'd be surprised to find out how many people you meet are musically talented. There was a local fellow that rebuilt hydraulic rams for heavy equipment and was a very talented C&W musician with his own weekly TV show. I was invited to a jam at another guitarist's house in college, and the steel guitarist from that C&W band showed up. Killer! I never asked him what he did for a living - maybe a truck driver. I know another guy that locates underground pipes and wires for a living who is a really talented jazz guitarist. When I hosted open-mike blues jams, he was too shy to get up on the stage and play in front of people.

4. Jun 21, 2007 #3
    I have an undergraduate degree in music and can't find a decent job anywhere. :rolleyes: But we generally know what we are going into from the beginning. Nice story and hats off to the pianist!

5. Jun 21, 2007 #4
    I want to hear what he played on that camera.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?