1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From elect eng to physics

1. Jan 2, 2015 #1
    hi there! in case i'm writting this in the wrong place, sorry!
    i reached the 7th semester of electronic engineering and i left cause i got bored. this was 10 years ago. in this time i went to germany and austria as an intern, working in EEG models, signal processing, etc. i'm 35 now
    thing is, i always had interest in providing consciousness to machines (loved those terminator movies), so i want to keep studying this AI branch, but not from the PoV of electronics, but rather from a theoretical conception that uses concepts of physics, like eg. Roger Penrose does.
    is there a connection? should i quit EE and start physics all over? should i end EE (disgusted) and start a masters or phD in physics? is this even possible? i have good language skills in english, german and french.
    thanks for ur help
    joe

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

What about CompSci AI?

4. Jan 3, 2015 #3
    ^ This.

CompSci AI seems like a very good match for what you specified. It's also a very good field to go into currently.

5. Jan 3, 2015 #4
    thanks for ur answers. i found some links, but i can't figure out exactly which branch you're referring to. any site or book u recommend to begin with?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook