1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From Physics to Aero

1. Jul 27, 2011 #1
    I've just finished the first year of my physics degree at Imperial College London and I'm having doubts about carrying on with physics. From what I have read on here, it seems pretty difficult to go from physics to engineering and I am seriously considering aeronautical engineering as a career choice.

Being an aeronautical engineer has always appealed to me but I chose physics instead because that's what I enjoyed the most and I was always told that you are very employable if you go into physics. But, I don't want to go into finance nor do I want to teach, and these are where most of the graduates go, no?

Would it be possible to break into Aero from physics by doing a masters in Aero? Like in Fluids or something?

Roughly speaking, how much of a big advantage does someone with an aero degree have over me if I do a masters in aero?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted