From the resources thread - What really happened

Actually, there is one simple reason why I don't buy this...Bush Co. would have been much more justified in their rolling back civil liberties, and their BS 'war on terra' if there had been thermite in the basement. Of course, but that means nothing to conspiracy theorists. They are impervious to logic and reason.
amp
offers very believable assertions about 911, The vids apear to support what is being said, so I ask why does the mainstream media not pick up on that? (To be continued)

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by amp
offers very believable assertions about 911, The vids apear to support what is being said, so I ask why does the mainstream media not pick up on that? (To be continued)
Because "believable" doesn't mean "true."

Of course not Russ

although, the scnerio laid out there is much more plausible than ... the reasons to invade Iraq for instance and there were some items that came out during the hearings involving Oliver North, like plans to cause a diaster in a major US city to sway the populace to a particular administrations agenda, Deja vu?

Originally posted by amp
Deja vu?
Nope.

Continued...

Seismographs recorded seismic 'spikes' before WTC collapse debris hit the ground.

An eyewitness 6 blocks from the WTC heard explosions prior to each collapse.

A fireman's transcription of the New York Times 9/11 firefighters audio tape reveals an explosion prior to the collapse of WTC 2 was reported.

A video shows an object falling from WTC 1 followed by a camera shake. 14 seconds later WTC 1 collapses.

Construction steel has melting point of about 2,800° Fahrenheit (1535° Celsius), this temperature cannot be reached by jet-fuel burning in air, but molten steel was found in the basements of all of the collapsed WTC buildings.

Thermite is very exothermic. Temperatures above 4,500°F (2,500°C) are often reached. A byproduct of a thermite detonation in the WTC basements would be molten steel.

The service core of WTC 2 initially survived the collapse, but after a few seconds it also came to ground. This is consistent with molten iron from a thermite reaction pooling around the core columns, thus causing the collapse.

"If I were to bring the towers down, I would put explosives in the basement to get the weight of the building to help collapse the structure" - Mark Loizeaux, president of Controlled Demolition, Inc.
Quotes from - What really happened site.

Thermite? Whats that- duhhh ? How did it get in the basement of the WTC buildings? And that last statement eerie, in all those replays of the collapse did the bulidings start pancacking from the top or the bottom? After this much time has passed I don't quite recall also I didn't want to keep being reminded, but now that the shock has mostly subsided I wonder.

Seismic Evidence Points to Underground
Explosions Causing WTC Collapse- http://www.serendipity.li/wot/bollyn2.htm

Are they saying there were explosions after the planes? Explosions that might have caused the collaspe? Is that where this 'Thermite' would have been involved?

Basically, there are hard questions that need to be investigated and because the public is being distracted from them and the investigators are being hampered (by whom or which Admin?) special investigators (or commissions) may need to be invoked. It could all be pointless and a wild goose chase, but for the people whos lives where lost and those who were traumatized (I was only a few blocks away) that day could we, should we do any less?

Last edited by a moderator:

Originally posted by amp
Thermite? Whats that- duhhh ? How did it get in the basement of the WTC buildings?
I think you misread. Nothing in those quotes say thermite was found in the WTC.
And that last statement eerie, in all those replays of the collapse did the bulidings start pancacking from the top or the bottom? After this much time has passed I don't quite recall also I didn't want to keep being reminded, but now that the shock has mostly subsided I wonder.
All of the videos that show the collapse show it pancaking top to bottom.
Are they saying there were explosions after the planes? Explosions that might have caused the collaspe? Is that where this 'Thermite' would have been involved?
Yes, that is what they are saying.
Basically, there are hard questions that need to be investigated...
No, there aren't any hard questions. You just need to learn to recognize B.S. when you see it. Most of those quotes are baseless speculation. The rest are in error.

russ_watters is absolutly correct. What happened to the WTC towers is very simple. The heat from the fires weakened and distorted the steel clips holding the floor trusses to the wall collumns. As soon as enough clips gave way one floor fell onto the one below and it was all over. No mystery there.

Russ, Havoc - So...

there wasn't anything to the report of an explosion just prior to the collapse or seismic monitors jumping ahead of the initial colapse.

Can you explain the molten steel in the basements? Was the heat generated from the jet fuel and paper and other materials enough?

Would thermite residue be found afterwards? Would it even be reported if there were an coverup?

Actually, there is one simple reason why I don't buy this...

Bush Co. would have been much more justified in their rolling back civil liberties, and their BS 'war on terra' if there had been thermite in the basement.

there wasn't anything to the report of an explosion just prior to the collapse or seismic monitors jumping ahead of the initial colapse.
Depends on how long before. Snapping beams could cause seismic readings and could begin a minute or two before the collapse.
Can you explain the molten steel in the basements? Was the heat generated from the jet fuel and paper and other materials enough?
I've never seen any such report and you can't take anything on that site at face value, so I submit that you likely haven't seen any such report either. If you have, it probably tells how it could happen.
Originally posted by amp
Would thermite residue be found afterwards? Would it even be reported if there were an coverup?
Could you read that question aloud to yourself a few times please? If you can't answer it yourself (indeed, the question IS the answer) and can't evaluate whether or not its a reasonable question, ask again.

Definitely crackpot. Buildings collapsed top to bottom, and the other factors mentioned s/a seismic activity can be explained by high kinetics inside the building reported by survivors. And by the way, how could there have been any survivors if the exit floors were blocked by molten steel? Even if it were true that additional explosives were used, it's irrelevant.

1. What is the purpose of the "From the resources thread - What really happened" thread?

The purpose of the thread is to provide a platform for individuals to share and discuss information and resources related to controversial events and incidents.

2. Who can contribute to the "From the resources thread - What really happened" thread?

Anyone can contribute to the thread as long as they follow the community guidelines and provide factual and reliable information and resources.

3. How can I ensure the information and resources shared on the thread are accurate?

It is important to fact-check and verify the information and sources provided on the thread. Look for multiple sources and cross-reference the information before accepting it as accurate.

4. Is there a specific format for sharing information and resources on the thread?

No, there is no specific format for sharing information and resources. However, it is recommended to provide clear and concise information and to cite sources properly.

5. Are there any topics or events that are not allowed to be discussed on the "From the resources thread - What really happened" thread?

The thread is meant for discussing controversial events and incidents that have already occurred. Topics that promote hate speech, violence, or discrimination will not be tolerated.