Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Front page squeeze

1. Aug 26, 2009 #1

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm seeing the front page all squeezed to one side. It appears that the title of one of the Free Industry Resources is so long that it squeezes everything else to the left (see attached image). Can I do anything? If not, can you do anything?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2009 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can hide the stay connected screen by pressing the little triangle of squares at the top right of the stay connected panel. That might help. It appears that one of the magazine titles is broken. :confused:

4. Aug 26, 2009 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It's probably in some language that doesn't use Roman letters. Martian, perhaps.

5. Aug 26, 2009 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Argh, how are we supposed to keep them under wraps if they keep advertising? :frown:

6. Aug 26, 2009 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Strange; I'm not getting anything like that. Are you perhaps on a Windows-burner? I'm running Safari through Tiger on a MacBook, and everything is fine. :confused:

7. Aug 26, 2009 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Has someone removed them (perhaps as a temporary fix to the problem)? I don't even see those resources on my front page, and I know they used to be there. So, I can neither confirm nor deny whether that problem would happen to me if I saw those resources.

8. Aug 26, 2009 #7
    Here's mine. Current time 10:27 p.m. Mountain time. This one, obviously, is in Firefox on a PC, and Explorer has the same appearance.

page.jpg

9. Aug 26, 2009 #8

Danger

Gold Member

That's what I get as well, Georgina. In general, that is, going by size. My right-hand column includes all members who are on-line, Sci-Am updates, etc.. I can't, even with my reading glasses, see what yours shows.

10. Aug 27, 2009 #9
    I get all of that stuff on the right-hand side too, Danger. I just took a screen shot of it scrolled down the spot that mucked up Vanadium's screen. And I squished it. :smile:

11. Aug 27, 2009 #10

Danger

Gold Member

You're an evil creature, torturing those of us with fading eyesight. :biggrin:

12. Aug 27, 2009 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's odd. I still don't see any of those "industry resources." None, not even a place for them. I know I used to see them. I didn't really care that they were there, since they were out of the way and down on the bottom. I don't remember turning anything off, and don't see anything collapsed near that part of the page. Maybe they figured out I'm in the wrong industry for them to be of any use to me (don't worry, I don't need them back either, since none were relevant for me, but it seems odd everyone else still sees them and I don't). I'm running a Mac OS 10.5.8, with Firefox 3.5.2. Are they something adblock would block? I do have that on, but I don't think that affected those before.

13. Aug 28, 2009 #12
    Is this still being experienced?

14. Aug 28, 2009 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm still experiencing not seeing any of those resources. Though, you probably meant the squeeze part.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook