1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FSU vs UF vs New College

1. Apr 4, 2013 #1
    I am a transferring sophomore majoring in computer science and physics from a state college for the fall semester and I have been accepted to Florida State University, University of Florida, and New College of Florida; however, I am having a hard time making a decision. I want a college that will prepare me for graduate school, provide ample research opportunities, and professors who don't mutter into the board or erase as fast as they write. I have looked at all the statistics, but I would love some opinions and feedback from anyone with knowledge about the physics or computer science departments at these schools.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2013 #2
    Definitely New College

4. Apr 30, 2013 #3
    I also am interested to hear some input on this. I searched through the forums and read some of the previous threads about Florida based schools for Physics majors. From what I gathered, UF and FSU are the top 2 to be looking at. Other than that the other schools I was considering applying to were UCF, FIT and USF. Are there any other viable options or do I basically have all grounds covered?

Edit: Edited to specify major.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook