Exploring FTL Transport Using Singularities

In summary, the conversation revolved around discussing ways of faster than light transport using singularity based forms, specifically focusing on the idea of using wormholes for constant travel. The individual also mentioned inventing a "WHOES" (worm hole opening engined ship) and having to support their families in the future. However, it was acknowledged that this topic is not realistic and may not be appropriate for the forum.
star.torturer
i don't know where to put this so feel free to move it:

I wolud like to discuss ways of Faster than light transport using singularity based forms. (not in reality, only good ways of doing it)

thers always the basic one of:

ship> }-----------worm hole----------{

but what about constant travel using wormholes, i will desighn some drawings explaining what i mean.

Physics news on Phys.org
I um errr uhhhh...yeah...whew...sighhhhh..

I invented the WHOES years ago (worm hole opening engined ship) now i have families to support in 2050, 2090, 3060,and 4000, it is not all fun you know.

I guess I should have put it somewhere more sensible then.

star.torturer said:
I guess I should have put it somewhere more sensible then.
This really isn't going to go anywhere, as you already said, "not in reality". This post really isn't appropriate anywhere on this forum.

1. What is FTL transport and how does it work?

FTL (Faster Than Light) transport is a hypothetical method of traveling faster than the speed of light. It is based on the concept of using singularities, or points of infinite density, to create a shortcut between two points in space. This would allow objects to travel great distances in a fraction of the time it would take using traditional methods of propulsion.

2. Is FTL transport possible?

At this time, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that FTL transport is possible. While theories such as the Alcubierre drive and wormholes have been proposed, they are purely theoretical and have not been proven to be feasible methods of FTL travel.

3. What are the potential benefits of FTL transport?

If FTL transport were to become a reality, it could revolutionize space exploration and open up new possibilities for interstellar travel. It could also have practical applications for faster communication and transportation of goods.

4. What are the challenges and limitations of FTL transport?

One of the major challenges of FTL transport is the immense amount of energy that would be required to create and maintain a singularity. There are also potential risks and ethical concerns associated with manipulating such powerful forces. Additionally, the effects of traveling at such high speeds on the human body are not fully understood.

5. What research is currently being done on FTL transport?

While there is ongoing research and experimentation on the concept of FTL transport, it remains a theoretical idea with no concrete plans for implementation. Scientists continue to explore this topic through theoretical models and simulations, but it is still a long way from becoming a reality.