Fuel Cell Collector: Optimizing Flow & Pressure

In summary, the poster is seeking help with building a fuel system for an endurance sports car. The system includes a sealed 0.6 gallon collector, three 75gph pumps, and a 10" length of tubing to the primary collector. The poster is looking for advice on the diameter of the tubing to prevent back pressure to the other feed lines.
Camron201
Hi,

I haven't posted anything on here in a long time, but thought somebody here could help me out.

I am building a fuel system for an endurance sports car. I have a sealed 0.6 gallon collector in the fuel cell with three 75gph pumps, capable of 95psi feeding it, through 3/8" hose. It then has a 10" length piece of tubing exiting the collector to the primary collector. I need to figure out what diameter the 10'' piece of tubing needs to be to prevent any back pressure to the other feed lines.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

1. What is a fuel cell collector and how does it work?

A fuel cell collector is a device used to optimize the flow and pressure of fuel in a fuel cell. It works by directing the flow of fuel into the fuel cell at a controlled rate, ensuring that the cell receives the proper amount of fuel for efficient operation.

2. Why is optimizing flow and pressure important for a fuel cell?

Optimizing flow and pressure in a fuel cell is crucial for maximizing its efficiency and performance. Proper flow and pressure ensure that the fuel cell receives the right amount of fuel and that it is distributed evenly, preventing any areas from becoming over or under-fueled.

3. What factors affect the flow and pressure in a fuel cell?

Several factors can influence the flow and pressure in a fuel cell, including the design and size of the cell, the type of fuel being used, and the operating conditions such as temperature and humidity. Additionally, any obstructions or blockages in the fuel lines can also impact flow and pressure.

4. How can flow and pressure be optimized in a fuel cell collector?

Flow and pressure can be optimized in a fuel cell collector by carefully designing the collector to ensure proper flow distribution and pressure regulation. This may involve using flow control valves, pressure regulators, and other components to regulate the flow and pressure of the fuel.

5. What are the benefits of using a fuel cell collector to optimize flow and pressure?

The primary benefit of using a fuel cell collector to optimize flow and pressure is improved efficiency and performance of the fuel cell. This can result in cost savings, longer lifespan of the fuel cell, and reduced emissions. Additionally, a well-designed fuel cell collector can also prevent potential issues such as fuel starvation or flooding, which can damage the fuel cell.