Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fuel Droplet Vaporization

1. Oct 13, 2005 #1
    Does anyone know how to calculate the vaporization rate of a droplet of isooctane at a given diameter?

Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2005 #2
    Can anyone help please?

The only paper I have found is stored on a harvard university server. They only show the abstract but the paper itself seems inaccessible.
  4. Mar 5, 2011 #3
    This is FAST becoming an area of intense interest, for good reason. I will attempt to find and post helpful information.
  5. Mar 5, 2011 #4
    I have found this equasion in a paper describing coductivity properties of isooctane, I hope it will be helpful. m= dm/dt = 2 pi r . not being able to use scientific notation with this keyboard , lower case d is inserted wth mass and again with radius in the equasion.The best i could do was to show it as m/d , and i believe that would make it too
    difficult to understand. this equasion was used to obtain vaporization rate of isooctane
    at given diameter of droplets.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?