Fuel injectors for gas turbine

In summary, engineeringtoolbox.com is a valuable resource for engineers designing fuel injectors for gas turbines, providing information on particle spread, turbulence reduction, and jet trajectories.
engineering
I am looking to find information on fuel injector vanes that can be used for fuel injection into a gas turbine. I am at the moment designing one that will be integrated into the gas turbine. However i am struggling because i need to know if there is a formula for particle spread I have a formula on jet trajectory which i am using seems easy but particle spread would be nice. Also air will be flowing through my gas turbine at various flow rates i am introducing fuel although turbulence is inevitable i wanted to find information on reduction of turbulence when a fuel flow is introduced in a free stream velocity.

Thanks any help appreciated

engineering

Engineering news on Phys.org
toolbox.com provides information and equations for the design of fuel injectors for gas turbines. The site addresses issues such as injector discharge velocity, particle spread, and turbulence reduction. Additionally, you can find formulas for jet trajectories and more detailed information on the design process.

1. How do fuel injectors work in a gas turbine?

Fuel injectors in a gas turbine use a high-pressure pump to deliver fuel to the combustion chamber, where it is mixed with compressed air and ignited. The fuel injectors are strategically placed to ensure even distribution of fuel throughout the combustion chamber, resulting in efficient and effective combustion.

2. What is the purpose of fuel injectors in a gas turbine?

The main purpose of fuel injectors in a gas turbine is to deliver fuel to the combustion chamber in a controlled and precise manner. This helps to optimize the combustion process, resulting in improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.

3. How do fuel injectors affect the performance of a gas turbine?

Fuel injectors play a crucial role in the performance of a gas turbine. They directly impact the combustion process, which is responsible for producing the power needed to drive the turbine. Efficient fuel injectors can improve the overall performance of a gas turbine by ensuring optimal fuel delivery and combustion.

4. What are the common types of fuel injectors used in gas turbines?

The most common types of fuel injectors used in gas turbines are pressure-swirl atomizers, air-blast atomizers, and simplex or duplex pressure atomizers. These injectors differ in their design and fuel delivery mechanism, but all serve the purpose of delivering fuel to the combustion chamber in a controlled manner.

5. How often do fuel injectors need to be replaced in a gas turbine?

The lifespan of fuel injectors in a gas turbine can vary depending on factors such as the type of fuel, operating conditions, and maintenance practices. However, on average, fuel injectors should be replaced every 3-5 years to ensure optimal performance and prevent any potential issues that may arise from wear and tear over time.