1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Full adder/seven segment

1. Aug 5, 2008 #1
    1. i want to design a 2 bit full adder (that adds two numbers each having 2 bits) with carry in and carry out and to show the output on seven segment display..

3. the problem is that i am student in mechanical power and i am taking an electronics course..can you tell me what to do or some hints please..
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2008 #2
    answer me pleaseee.... what do i have to do ?
    is there an ic called full adder or i have to make it with OR and AND gates ?
  4. Aug 6, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Aug 6, 2008 #4
    Janus, can u tell me what to do please with my project ?
  6. Aug 6, 2008 #5

Staff: Mentor

We don't give out answers to homework here on the PF. We can offer tutorial help if you show us your work. Read this about full adders:

And this about 7-segment displays:

Then sketch up your initial thoughts, and ask us specific questions about your circuit if you have any.
  7. Aug 7, 2008 #6
    is there vcc and ground for the seven segment ?
  8. Aug 7, 2008 #7
    what is the common cathode (3,8) ? does it means that these two pins (3,8) must be connected to the ground ?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?