1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Full Course Load?

1. Nov 25, 2009 #1
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if Canadian graduate schools care about whether you have taken a year or two with a full-course load. By full-course load, I mean the maximum 10 courses per year compared to just doing 8 or 9 courses. I know that some Canadian medical schools require you to have a full-course load for the best 2 years, but was not sure if it also applies to a Masters Degree.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2009 #2
    I did 9 courses in my last year of undergrad (in Canada), and got accepted to several physics master's programs (also in Canada).

You should check with the schools you'll be applying to.

4. Nov 27, 2009 #3
    It all depends on the picture you can paint of yourself. Taking a few light terms is fine as long as it doesn't create the impression that you took the path of least resistance through your whole undergrad career. That wouldn't look good to grad schools.

5. Nov 28, 2009 #4
    Thanks for the insight!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook