Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Full load ?

1. Nov 14, 2009 #1
    i'm reading about full load but still can't get what it's.care to explain a bit everyone ??:shy:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2009 #2
    I have no idea what 'full load' is supposed to mean, you will have to provide more context.

4. Nov 14, 2009 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

In regards to what topic? Your question can not be answered in its current form.

5. Nov 15, 2009 #4
    sorry...i'm reading for engine full load.

how to conduct full load when performing engine testing by using dyno? really can't understand it ...:frown:

6. Nov 15, 2009 #5

Ranger Mike

Science Advisor

slang used in the dyno room..a dynamometer is a water brake device with load sensors attached to the brake housing. the engine is started and permitted to warm to operating temperature. water is introduced to the water break as the engine RPM is increased. This is done with various percentage of loading.. ( more water to actuate the water brakes stopping mechanism)
    there is a limit to the amount of braking the engine will tolerate until the engine stops. Full load is the maximum usable horsepower or torque the engine can safely " pull" without damage.

http://www.gopowersystems.com/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  7. Nov 16, 2009 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At a given speed, "full load" is the power developed under steady state conditions at wide open throttle (for a spark ignition engine) or full fuel rack position (for a diesel).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook