What's the Deal with This Fun Color Test?

In summary, this test is easy to score if you pay attention to the instructions. You should try to focus on a specific section of the letter when doing the test.
Physics news on Phys.org
88%.

88% for me too.

100%. But I am not native english speaker.

100% for me also. The key is to blur your vision a bit so you aren't able to read the word and just see what color it is.

Poop-Loops said:
100% for me also. The key is to blur your vision a bit so you aren't able to read the word and just see what color it is.
Ah but if you do that, how do you select which buttons to click?

This test could use a sample as part of the instructions. It is not immediately obvious what you're supposed to do. "Select the colour of the word" is ambiguous without a visual reference.

100% - but they could have made it harder. As it is, the color and the word never match, so it's trivial to think "not purple" and "not red".

DaveC426913 said:
This test could use a sample as part of the instructions. It is not immediately obvious what you're supposed to do. "Select the colour of the word" is ambiguous without a visual reference.

I got confused about that as well and thought they meant the word at first. (I figured it was vague and had to do the test a few times and not look at the words to get full score on it)

I had a little trouble with the instructions telling me to choose the color of the word not the color of the word. So, first time got 0% and rating of "That was a truly pathetic performance" :rofl:, and then on the second attempt, understanding what the instructions were, got 100%.

100%, but I had to think about it.

I realized after clicking the first few that I had forgotten the instructions, so started again and got 100%. A fun test.

Last edited:
100% - I just focus my attention on a section of the letter and look at that.

Got 100% once I figured out what I was supposed to do.

DaveC426913 said:
Ah but if you do that, how do you select which buttons to click?

You then proceed to unblur your vision in order to read. It's really quite easy.

I scored 0% the first time and 100% on the third try... :D

Vanadium 50 said:
100% - but they could have made it harder. As it is, the color and the word never match, so it's trivial to think "not purple" and "not red".

Yeah, it was really really easy. I've done a test where it was like this one but timed and you were supposed to do it in the fastest time possible, and then every now and then you would accidentally hit the wrong one because you were trying to be so fast.

88% the direction don't make sense until after #1

100% We did stuff like this all the time in high school for Science Fair :)

Moonbear said:
I had a little trouble with the instructions telling me to choose the color of the word not the color of the word. So, first time got 0% and rating of "That was a truly pathetic performance" :rofl:, and then on the second attempt, understanding what the instructions were, got 100%.

Yep, that's precisely what I did.

What is the purpose of this fun color test?

The purpose of this fun color test is to assess an individual's personality traits and preferences based on their color choices. It is often used as a tool for self-discovery and understanding oneself better.

How does the fun color test work?

The fun color test works by presenting a series of colors and asking the individual to choose their favorite or most preferred color out of the options. Each color is associated with a specific personality trait, and the individual's choices are used to determine their dominant traits.

Is the fun color test scientifically valid?

While the fun color test may provide some insight into an individual's personality, it is not considered a scientifically valid assessment tool. The results should be taken with a grain of salt and not be used as a definitive measure of one's personality.

Can the results of the fun color test change over time?

Yes, the results of the fun color test can change over time as an individual's preferences and personality may evolve. It is recommended to retake the test periodically to see any potential changes in results.

Are there any limitations to the fun color test?

Yes, there are some limitations to the fun color test. As it is a self-reported test, the results may be influenced by an individual's mood or state of mind at the time of taking the test. Additionally, cultural and societal influences may also impact an individual's color choices and therefore, their results.