1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fun project

1. Dec 10, 2005 #1
    I need to make a superhero with the chemical neon

and it should have stuff like physical qualities, chemical reactivity, how does it react with other elemts, what's it do, historical facts, neighbours in periodic table.. when was it discovered and by whom

i was wondering if you guys could help me on making an idea about it, its on neon only...
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2005 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

"need to make a superhero with the chemical neon"- What does that mean?

Wikipedia is always a nice place to start looking for information :)
  4. Dec 10, 2005 #3

Staff: Mentor

That sounds like a funny project. Well, Neon is a Noble Gas, so he probably comes from the royal family of some obscure country. He is a pretty small guy, in his family only helium is smaller (so maybe he is a she). He doesn't bond with anything so definitely the "loner" kind of superhero. His superpower would probably have something to do with lightning (neon lights) or lasers (He-Ne lasers).

5. Dec 10, 2005 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

So that's what it means....
  6. Dec 11, 2005 #5
    thx for the info Dale! keep them coming please thats great information to start my project gosh i love this forums!
  7. Dec 15, 2005 #6
    need more help please
  8. Dec 17, 2005 #7
    need more help please!
  9. Dec 17, 2005 #8

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What sort of help?
    We can't do your homework for you. So if you are stuck in some specific area, you can post it and you will get help.
  10. Dec 17, 2005 #9
    maybe if you would read it you'd understand its not homework its a project - about neon, i need help on what else to put my superhero,

like what kinds of elements does neon doesnt like? what are his brothers/sisters, powers, etc
  11. Dec 17, 2005 #10

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It's more important you do the work then.

DaleSpam gave you some good tips on how to start. Maybe you can build on it with your own ideas? For example, if you look up the periodic table, you can find other elements which are similar.

The point is that, this is your project so try searching for information and use your creativity to come up with ideas of your own. Have fun and best of luck.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?