Exploring the Universe: False Color Overlays of the Night Sky from Australia

In summary, the conversation discusses various examples of well-done visual displays of science, including overlays of the night sky in false color, XKCD's timeline of Earth's average temperature, a chart comparing radiation doses, and a simple explanation of a Saturn V rocket. The conversation also mentions a book by XKCD and a 3D-printable representation of the early universe. There is some discussion about the accuracy of the representation and its relation to our observational horizon within the universe.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I like well done visual displays of science.

Lets see what other people can come up with!

Here's one I found, overlays of the night sky from Australia, in false color of a wide range of radiation frequencies.

Likes Molar, Borg, DennisN and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
I like well done visual displays of science.

Lets see what other people can come up with!

Here's one I found, overlays of the night sky from Australia, in false color of a wide range of radiation frequencies.
This is seriously, one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

You can download and 3D print out your own early universe (Only ours, not those other ones!), thanks to this guy.

Nice representation, but seems that all the bumps and colors should be on the inside since that is where it is observed from.
Also In guess its our observational horizon within the universe rather than the whole thing.

What are some examples of fun science images/diagrams?

Some examples of fun science images/diagrams include colorful illustrations of different animal species, diagrams of the solar system, and charts showing the periodic table of elements.

Where can I find fun science images/diagrams?

You can find fun science images/diagrams in various places, such as science textbooks, online educational resources, and science museums. You can also search for them on stock image websites.

How can I use fun science images/diagrams in my own work?

Fun science images/diagrams can be used in various ways, such as in presentations, posters, and educational materials. They can also be used for personal projects or to enhance scientific articles or blog posts.

What makes a science image/diagram "fun"?

A fun science image/diagram is visually appealing, engaging, and easy to understand. It may use bright colors, interesting illustrations, or creative design to make the scientific concept more interesting and enjoyable.

Are there any copyright restrictions for using fun science images/diagrams?

It is important to always check the copyright restrictions for any image or diagram you want to use. Some may be free for personal use, while others may require permission or payment for commercial use. It is best to use images/diagrams that are labeled for reuse or have a Creative Commons license.