Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fun things to do?

1. Feb 21, 2006 #1
    ok, we got a couple of (girl) friends coming down to visit from school for a couple days. We need to show them a good time, but there's not much to do around here. any ideas ? they're coming thursday early afternoon until friday late afternoon. I was already thinking going out to dinner on the thursday, followed by going home and getting wasted (not negotiable) and a late breakfast/brunch on friday. Could just do the standard go to the mall/see a movie, but there isn't anything good out at the moment and we need something more fun than that.
    This is gonna be 2 girls and 3-4 guys btw, not an even match for coupley type things.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2006 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I could take the 2 girls off your hands and you guys could go out to the local arcade. It's a win-win!

Alternately, I see you are in Ontario. Whereabouts? Lot's o' things to do and see around here.

4. Feb 21, 2006 #3
    lol, I'll ask 'em. "You wanna hang out with some guy from the internet?" he's a science advisor :biggrin:

west of hamilton. Don't wanna be road tripping it too far though. It's winter afterall.

5. Feb 21, 2006 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about an IMAX movie?

6. Feb 21, 2006 #5
    I don't know where your "here" is but..my idea is laser tag. It's indoors so if you're up north you can't have "it's cold" as an excuse. Also there's places that have indoor mini golf in the dark with blacklights.. or even bowling! .. And I'm a girl.. if that helps?

7. Feb 21, 2006 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Ah. There *is* nothing West of Hamilton, so I think 'profuse apologies' are the only thing you can offer them. :biggrin:

Except of the course, the Brantford "Home of the Telephone" museum, but I assume that's already item #1 on your itinerary...:biggrin:

8. Feb 21, 2006 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

Twister? Risk? Monopoly? Spin the bottle?

9. Feb 21, 2006 #8
    Merge those into one game....that would be interesting.

10. Feb 21, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That would go well with getting wasted too. :rofl:

11. Feb 21, 2006 #10

Twister and wasted almost always degenerate into naked twister. Only occasionally a good idea.

12. Feb 21, 2006 #11
    First thing you gotta do is get rid of the extra guys. Remember, you need at least a 1:1 ratio between women:men

13. Feb 21, 2006 #12

The only good game of naked twister is the one where you're the only guy. But that's just my opinion.

14. Feb 21, 2006 #13
    Ahh yes, you are very wise :smile:

15. Feb 22, 2006 #14

Of this I know.

16. Feb 22, 2006 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

I wasnt' going to suggest naked twister, but it was in the back of my mind... lurking. It's the only one that makes sense. Naked monopoly? nah, naked Risk? I wouldn't want my world to be taken over by some naked guy. But then again, people do end up naked during spin the bottle... well the games I played.

17. Feb 22, 2006 #16
    LOL. of COURSE we're going to the Bell homestead, that's been part of the plan for weeks :biggrin:

hah, thanks for reminding me :frown: not much I can do about that... or is there.

lol, Kinda hard to 'plan' on playing twister, drunkeness will defiately be required to play this. i'll make sure it's available though.

I'm thinking of more during the day things anyways, last time we were drunk we were amused for several hours by a ruler. So I don't think drunking things to do are gonna be a problem.
    Feel free to reccomend your favourite drinking games also :smile:

18. Feb 22, 2006 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

Get completely trashed the night before. Then the next day you will all wake up late, and by the time you will be motivated to do something it will be too late so you may as well get trashed again.

Works for me!

19. Feb 22, 2006 #18
    strip poker. play with teams, guys vs. girls. That way when you win you don't have to see other guys naked...and you WILL win.

20. Feb 22, 2006 #19
    lol. good news, the numbers have been improved to 4 guys, 4 girls !!!

21. Feb 22, 2006 #20

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

PERFECT!

Now, put their names in a hat, get the guys together, and do a draw on who gets who. Then do a draw on who gets who in the morning. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?