Function Algebra and Geometry

In summary, the conversation discusses a function f(x)= 2/3x+2 and its graphic representation on an orthonormal mark. It also talks about points A, B, H, M, and C and their respective abscissas. The questions posed include creating a complete figure, calculating the distances AH and MH, and determining the value(s) of x for which the areas of triangles CHA and MOB are equal.
shawqidu19

Homework Statement

The function defined on R by f(x)= 2/3x+2

And cf his graphic representation in an orthonormal mark (o; i; j)

On the X axis, we consider points A, B and H of respective abscissas 3, 3 and x (x belongs R)

Or C the point of Cf of the same abscissa as A and M the point of Cf of abscissa x

1°) Make the complete figure ?

2°) Calculate the distances AH and MH according to x and by means of the absolute values ?

3°) To determine for which value (s) of x the areas of triangles CHA and MOB is equal ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

You can make me the graphic representation and the rest I shall make him(it) alone please make for me please

Physics news on Phys.org
For clarification, by f(x)= 2/3x+2, do you mean 2/(3x)+ 2 or 2/(3x+2) or (2/3)x+ 2. I suspect the last.

I am not at all clear what you mean by "cf his graphic representation in an orthonormal mark (o; i; j)". o is the origin, i the x-axis, j the y-axis?

HallsofIvy said:
For clarification, by f(x)= 2/3x+2, do you mean 2/(3x)+ 2 or 2/(3x+2) or (2/3)x+ 2. I suspect the last.

I am not at all clear what you mean by "cf his graphic representation in an orthonormal mark (o; i; j)". o is the origin, i the x-axis, j the y-axis?

I mean (2/3)x+2 and o is the origin i the x-axis j the y-axis

Cf is the name of the curve which represents f(x) = (2/3)x+2

Can you make this representation please please...

I ask to you : Can you make this graphic representation ? please just the graphic

Last edited:
shawqidu19 said:

Homework Statement

Assuming this is f(x)= (2/3)x+ 2, then its graph is a straight line, passing through (0, 2) and (3, 4).

On the X axis, we consider points A, B and H of respective abscissas 3, 3 and x (x belongs R)
?? A and B are on the x-axis and both have abscissa 3? Then A and B are the same point?

Or C the point of Cf of the same abscissa as A and M the point of Cf of abscissa x
I'm not certain I am interpreting this right but I think, since A= (3, 0), C= (3, 4).
Since H= (x,0), M= (x, (2/3)x+ 2).

As I said above, draw the straight line passing through points (0, 2) and (2, 4).

2°) Calculate the distances AH and MH according to x and by means of the absolute values ?
Okay. A= (2, 0) and H= (x, 0) so AH= |x-2|. M= (x, (2/3)x+ 2). MH= |x- (2/3)x-2|= |(1/3)x- 2|

3°) To determine for which value (s) of x the areas of triangles CHA and MOB is equal ?
The triangle CHA is a right triangle with height AH and Base AC- and AC= |4-2|= 2.
Area is (1/2)base*height

The triangle MOB (O is the origin, (0, 0)?) is not a right triangle with but we can still calculate its height MH above, and base OH= x. Again area= (1/2)base*height.

Set the two areas equal and solve for x.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

You can make me the graphic representation and the rest I shall make him(it) alone please make for me please[/QUOTE]

Function

A has got 3 as abscissa and B has got -3 as abscissa i am sorry i mistake

Fucntion geometry

Please can you draw me this curve please please and alla other questions i will do alone thank you help me.

Function and Geometry (Part 2 )

On the X axis, we consider points A, B and H of respective abscissas 3, -3 and x (x belongs R)

Please Anyone for help me, Can u drwan this graphic please please and represents all points A B H M and C

1. What is function algebra?

Function algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of mathematical functions and their properties. It involves manipulating and solving equations that involve variables and functions.

2. How is function algebra used in real life?

Function algebra is used in various fields of science, engineering, and economics to model and analyze real-world situations. It is used to predict outcomes, optimize processes, and make informed decisions based on data and mathematical relationships.

3. What is the difference between algebraic and geometric functions?

Algebraic functions are defined in terms of algebraic expressions, involving operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and exponentiation. Geometric functions, on the other hand, are defined in terms of geometric shapes, such as lines, curves, and surfaces.

4. How are algebra and geometry related?

Algebra and geometry are closely related branches of mathematics. Algebraic concepts, such as variables and equations, are used to describe and solve geometric problems. Similarly, geometric principles, such as symmetry and proportion, are used in algebraic reasoning and problem-solving.

5. What are some common applications of function geometry?

Function geometry has a wide range of applications, including computer graphics, engineering, physics, and architecture. It is used to model and analyze geometric shapes and transformations, such as rotations, translations, and reflections, in various fields of study and industry.