Can You Draw the Graphic Representation of a Function and Geometry Problem?

In summary, drawing a graphic representation of a function and geometry problem involves creating a visual representation that illustrates the relationship between the variables and values in the problem. This allows for a better understanding of the problem and can aid in finding a solution. It is important to accurately plot the points and connect them to create a clear and concise representation of the problem. Additionally, using geometry concepts such as angles and shapes can also help in solving the problem and creating an accurate graph.
shawqidu19

Homework Statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The function defined on R by f(x)= 2/3x+2

And cf his graphic representation in an orthonormal mark (o; i; j)

On the X axis, we consider points A, B and H of respective abscissas 3, -3 and x (x belongs R)

Or C the point of Cf of the same abscissa as A and M the point of Cf of abscissa x

1°) Make the complete figure ?

2°) Calculate the distances AH and MH according to x and by means of the absolute values ?

3°) To determine for which value (s) of x the areas of triangles CHA and MOB is equal ?

Please Anyone for help me, Can u drwan this graphic please please and represents all points A B H M and C

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
shawqidu19 said:

Homework Statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The function defined on R by f(x)= 2/3x+2

And cf his graphic representation in an orthonormal mark (o; i; j)

On the X axis, we consider points A, B and H of respective abscissas 3, -3 and x (x belongs R)
Did you repost this? I remember responding to post where both A and B had abscissa 3! It would have been better to add your correction to the same thread.

Or C the point of Cf of the same abscissa as A and M the point of Cf of abscissa x
Okay so C also has abscissa (x-value) 3 and is on the graph y= (2/3)x+ 2 so y= (2/3)(3)+ 2= 4. C is the point (3, 4). Similarly, M is the point (x, (2/3)x+ 2).

1°) Make the complete figure ?
Surely, if you are doing a problem like this, you know that the graph of a function like this is a straight line? When x= -3 (as with point B), y= (2/3)(-3)+ 2= -2+ 2= 0. The graph is the straight line that passes through (-3, 0) and (3, 4).

2°) Calculate the distances AH and MH according to x and by means of the absolute values ?
Since A is (3, 0) and H is (x, 0), the distance from A to H is |x-(-3)|= |x+ 3|. Since M is the point (x, (2/3)x+ 2 and, again, H is (x, 0), the distance from M to H is |x- (2/3)x0- 2|= |(1/3)x- 2|.

3°) To determine for which value (s) of x the areas of triangles CHA and MOB is equal ?
CHA is a triangle with vertices at (2, 4), (x, (2/3)x+ 2), and (2, 0). That's a right triangle with base of length AH and height HC= |4- 2|= 2. The area of a triangle is (1/2)*base*height. The area is a formula involving x.

MOB (O is the origin, (0,0)?) is not a right triangle but it is still a triangle with base OB= 3 and and height AC. Again, you will get a formula involving x. If the areas are equal, set those two formulas equal and solve for x.

Please Anyone for help me, Can u drwan this graphic please please and represents all points A B H M and C
As I said above, the graph is a straight line passing through (-3, 0) and (3, 4).

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Function Geometry

Hello Thank you for your answer but can you make this graphic please He is going to help me throughout my homework By representing all the points PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Function ax+b

Hello Thank you for your answer but can you make this graphic please He is going to help me throughout my homework By representing all the points PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

No, I am not going to draw a straight line for you! I have already told you that the graph is the straight line passing (-3, 0) and (3, 4). If you can't draw that you need more help than I can give you.

pLEASE BUT WHEN I DREW THIS CURVE I DONT OBTAIN TWO TRIANGLES PLEASE HELP ME TO DRAW THE CURVE

1. What is a function?

A function is a mathematical rule that assigns a unique output value for every input value. It can be represented by an equation, table, or graph.

2. What is the difference between linear and nonlinear functions?

Linear functions have a constant rate of change, meaning the output increases or decreases at a consistent rate. Nonlinear functions have varying rates of change, resulting in curved or non-linear graphs.

3. How do you determine the domain and range of a function?

The domain of a function is the set of all possible input values, while the range is the set of all possible output values. To determine the domain and range of a function, you can look at the inputs and outputs given in a table, or examine the x and y values on a graph.

4. What is the Pythagorean Theorem?

The Pythagorean Theorem is a fundamental concept in geometry that states that in a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. It is often written as a^2 + b^2 = c^2, where c is the length of the hypotenuse and a and b are the lengths of the other two sides.

5. How is geometry used in real life?

Geometry is used in many practical applications, such as designing buildings, creating maps, and measuring distances. It is also used in fields like engineering, architecture, and computer graphics to develop accurate and precise models and designs.