I'm not sure how to go about it.

• Thread starter neoking77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Function
In summary, "I'm not sure how to go about it" is a phrase that expresses uncertainty or lack of knowledge about how to handle a task or situation. To determine how to go about something, you can break it down into smaller steps, seek advice or do research. If you're unsure about a project or experiment, it's important to communicate with your team and consult resources. It's normal to not know how to go about something and gaining experience and seeking feedback can help increase confidence. Maintaining a positive mindset and being open to learning are also helpful.
neoking77
Let f be the function that takes the value of 1 on all rational numbers, and 0 on all irrational numbers. At what points is f continuous?

Does anyone know how to do this?? I mean, there are just so many points to point out...such as square root of 2 and 10, and the list is endless...

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm fairly sure it's not continuous anywhere. Specifically, for any neighbourhood about any point, will contain some rationals and some irrationals, and so a sequence of decreasing neighbourhoods don't converge to any value.

I see! Thanks a lot!

1. What does "I'm not sure how to go about it" mean?

"I'm not sure how to go about it" is a phrase that indicates uncertainty or lack of knowledge about how to handle a particular task or situation.

2. How can I figure out how to go about something?

To determine how to go about something, you can start by breaking down the task into smaller, manageable steps. You can also seek advice from others who have experience in the area or do some research to gain a better understanding of the process.

3. What should I do if I'm not sure how to go about a project or experiment?

If you are unsure about how to approach a project or experiment, it's important to communicate with your team and/or supervisor to get their input and guidance. You can also consult relevant resources such as books, articles, or online tutorials.

4. Is it normal to not know how to go about something?

Yes, it is normal to not know how to go about something, especially when it's a new or complex task. It's important to remember that everyone starts from a place of not knowing and it's okay to ask for help or seek guidance.

5. How can I become more confident in my ability to go about tasks?

One way to become more confident in your ability to go about tasks is to practice and gain experience. You can also seek feedback from others and reflect on your own progress to identify areas for improvement. Additionally, maintaining a positive mindset and being open to learning can help increase your confidence in handling new tasks.