Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Functional 3D Desktop?

1. May 23, 2005 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I couldn't see the first link; it just comes up as text. The demo in the second one is great, though.

4. May 23, 2005 #3
    I just checked, the first link still works, maybe your browser settings or a missing codec? Likely the video you saw in teh second link is the same as the first though.

5. May 23, 2005 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

That is pretty cool. I wonder if you'll need a Sun workstation to get that kind of functionality. Putting notes on the back of windows and such is pretty sweet.

One thing though...say you're looking at a web site and you do annotate a note on the back like was shown...what happens to that note when you close your browser? Do you have to save that page?

6. May 23, 2005 #5
    I'd assume you have to save it - maybe it saves teh note and webpage as a type of bookmark? It is going to function on both Solaris AND LINUX, so I'll actually get to use it since I don't like SUN workstations :rofl:

It looks like the open source code is actually available now but I doubt my LINUX box has hardware to run this - I need an upgrade first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?