1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Functional 3D Desktop?

1. May 23, 2005 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I couldn't see the first link; it just comes up as text. The demo in the second one is great, though.

4. May 23, 2005 #3
    I just checked, the first link still works, maybe your browser settings or a missing codec? Likely the video you saw in teh second link is the same as the first though.

5. May 23, 2005 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

That is pretty cool. I wonder if you'll need a Sun workstation to get that kind of functionality. Putting notes on the back of windows and such is pretty sweet.

One thing though...say you're looking at a web site and you do annotate a note on the back like was shown...what happens to that note when you close your browser? Do you have to save that page?

6. May 23, 2005 #5
    I'd assume you have to save it - maybe it saves teh note and webpage as a type of bookmark? It is going to function on both Solaris AND LINUX, so I'll actually get to use it since I don't like SUN workstations :rofl:

It looks like the open source code is actually available now but I doubt my LINUX box has hardware to run this - I need an upgrade first.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?