Why Do Some Projects Fail Despite Best Efforts?

• Thread starter kal-kim
  • Start date
In summary, there is a problem involving an open box with a volume of 10 m^3 and a square base. The amount of material needed to make this box can be expressed as a function of the length of a side of the square base. The relevant equations are V=lbh and A=lb. It is required to show your best efforts when posting schoolwork problems and provide work for this problem in a new thread.
kal-kim
Homework Statement
An open box is required to have a volume of 10 m^3.
1) Express the amount, A, of material needed to make such a box as afunction of the length, x, of a side of the square base.
Relevant Equations
V=lbh
A=lb
I tried my best but I couldn't get anywhere...

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show some work. Translate the homework statement into equations that include the 10 m^3 and x. The equations should reflect the fact that the box has a square base.

The phrasing of the problem is a little unclear, but I am guessing that the amount of material should also include the amount on the sides (i.e. your second equation is incorrect).

Likes Delta2 and FactChecker
Open box is a bit unclear but I guess it should have bottom but no lid

kal-kim said:
Homework Statement:: An open box is required to have a volume of 10 m^3.
1) Express the amount, A, of material needed to make such a box as afunction of the length, x, of a side of the square base.
Relevant Equations:: V=lbh
A=lb

I tried my best but I couldn't get anywhere...

@kal-kim -- You are required to show your best efforts when posting schoolwork problems at PF. Please start a new thread with this problem and show your work. Thank you.

1. What is "Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment" about?

"Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment" is a book that tells the story of a person's journey towards a goal or dream that ultimately ends in disappointment. It explores the emotions and struggles that come with failure and the lessons that can be learned from it.

2. What inspired you to write "Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment"?

The idea for this book came from my own personal experiences with failure and disappointment. I wanted to share my story and help others who may have gone through similar situations.

3. Is "Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment" based on a true story?

While the book is based on real-life experiences, it is a work of fiction. The characters and events are not based on specific individuals or events.

4. What message do you hope readers take away from "Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment"?

I hope that readers will understand that failure and disappointment are a natural part of life and can lead to growth and self-discovery. It's important to not let setbacks define us and to keep moving forward.

5. Are there any plans for a sequel to "Unsuccessful Journey: A Story of Disappointment"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, I am open to exploring the possibility in the future.